Wednesday, June 07, 2006

PLANES, BIKES AND AUTOMOBILES

Seems this physio caper is all it's cut out to be.
Here I was thinking that a couple of hour long sessions per day shouldn't be a hassle and yet it is.
I spent an extra 3/4 hour in the gym today and it showed this evening.
Last two days I've been crashing out just after dinner and today was no exception, being different in the sense that I crashed for longer and didn't seem to have any appetite for the scrumptious looking burger with the lot.
Adding to this is the lack of sleep. Last two nights I've been waking up half a dozen times during the night due to pain and then finding it hard to fall asleep.
Oh well, could be worse. I could be in jail waking up half a dozen times per night in pain due to Bubba having his ways with my butt.


I will be starting an award today for extraordinary adventures.
This award shall be known as the

"Moomins M.C. Golden Sack (Of Pine Needles)"

and will be awarded as I see fit for acts displaying an adventurous spirit and adventures which normal beige people would classify as stupid, pointless ( or other negative adjectives) because they have forgotten their own sense of adventure at the age of five when they started reading the Financial Review.

The inaugural "Moomins M.C. Gold Sack Full Of Pine Needles" award goes to my good mate Anthony aka Bones, who today embarked on a 965km trip from Melbourne east to Bairnsdale, through the high country over Mt. Hotham and back to Melbourne via the Myrtleford and Yea. Experiencing fog patches, ice and extreme boredom he reckons it's 235km short of the proposed trip to Wilpena Pound we were going to embark upon at Easter, before I was violated by tons of potato salad.

This is a shared award as I am also bestowing it upon another good mate of mine Kate aka Princess Strawberry, who is enroute from London back to Melbourne to return to her frog infested home ( they have French people staying, poor blighters ).
She embarked on a solo trip to Afreaka, which turned out to be much shorter than anticipated due to some not very nice experiences there.


Good on both of them and may the wind always be behind them!


Speaking of adventures, I'm reading One Good Run, the life story of Burt Munro at the moment. Whilst reading it I was searching the net for pictures of some of the vehicles mentioned in the book, which were at Bonneville Salt Flats. I came across this interesting page.
  • CHEVYASYLUM
  • It belongs to a chap whose pick up was used as a period vehicle in the movie World's Fastes Indian. It's got some great behind the scenes shots as well as shots from the current speed trials being run 3 miles away.





    The lifeless eye of my ex glamour..........





    I've figured out how my left femur got broken and why it hurt like buggery.

    Comments:
    Comments: Post a Comment



    << Home

    This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?