Monday, December 11, 2006

SPARROWS AND ROTTWEILERS

After the engagement party on Saturday which saw me returning home from some karaoke bar in Chinatown at sparrow's fart ( literally or maybe it was that one the chickens took out, haunting the place) and then a visit to The Tote to watch Snowman and Temper Trap play last night, it was no wonder that I look a bit on the ragged side at physio this morning.
In fact ragged is probably too kind a word for it.
I've seen things that have gone through a complete spin cycle inside a rottweiler's mouth come out looking far more presentable.

I guess one of the main causes would be the distinct lack of suitable seating furniture at the various places.
With the pain still hanging around from the last surgery like a bad smell, it makes it really hard to actually sit down, so in the end I end up spending most of the time standing and explaining to people who kindly offer me their seats that its actually less painful to remain in the upright position than to get all masochistic on my arse.
None the less I thoroughly enjoyed myself and given half a chance, I would do it all over again.

As for this week, more of the same physio and hydro therapy routines.
Thursday however, is when I pay a visit to the man who spends most of his time elbow deep in people's pelvic regions.
I'm hoping the good surgeon will finally hand me back my weight bearing licence, even if it is only a learner's or a provisional one.
It will be very nearly 9 months to the day since my internal demolition and renovation and I don't care what anyone says, but that's long enough for anyone to be unable to walk in the two legged fashion.
Sure it will take months more again before I can finally hurl the crutches into the pit of redundancy, but at least I will be moving forward again instead of just pacing around my cage aimlessly and attempting to be enthusiastic about maintaining my holding pattern.



These lovely pics were taken during the very first surgery, as the date will testify.
As you can see there are all sorts of instruments used in the process, which thankfully weren't left inside me when the surgeons stapled me shut.









.

Comments:
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?