Wednesday, December 13, 2006

DUST BOWL AND SNOWMAN................

Back to the drudgery of weekly routines I'm afraid.
Eating healthy, not drinking copious amounts of alcohol, attending rehab 3 days a week, watching the killer hens go about their business of keeping the pigeons on their toes like a couple of apartheid border patrol cops, attempting to find something remotely entertaining in the tv ratings off season, reading Chasing Che and of course dicking around on the internet.
One other constant is my sleeping pattern.
More importantly sleepless pattern, due to only being able to sleep relatively short periods of time on my left side and back.
The whole nights consists of me rolling back and forth like some demented human shish kebab.
I have tried sleeping on my stomach and that doesn't agree with my collarbone and I've even tried to roll onto my right side at one point, which just brought great discomfort / pain.
I can't actually remember the last time I had an uninterrupted night's sleep to tell the truth.
About the only place where I can fall asleep and stay asleep in the same position is on the couch in a sort of semi prone / reclined position, so every now and again I steal a cat nap in the living room.
So if anyone has any suggestions, I'd love to hear them.
( And no smart arse ones about spooning the chickens or what not!! )


Yet another day of smoke and haze through out Melbourne, but I'm not complaining.
Can't see the skyscrapers in the city from my place and we're only in Brunswick East.
At least we have no fires here.
We could use some rain though, we really have had bugger all of it in the last few months.
Our backyard is starting to look like the Oklahoma Dust Bowl of the 1930's.
Any more of this and I'll be walking around bare foot in half done up bib and brace overalls singing Woodie Guthrie songs with a piece of straw permanently glued to my lips.


There is one thing out of the ordinary this week.
Tomorrow morning I'm off to the see the surgeon to see if I can start putting some weight through my right leg.
I am quietly confident that he'll give some sort of weight bearing status, even if it's partial at least, but it would be welcome movement in the forward direction as well a rather choice Chrissy present.


A few shots from the Snowman gig on Sunday night. :)








Here are a couple of beaut shots of me when they'd knocked me out and bombarded my body with radiation.







And another one showing the acetabular fracture and the snapped off bit of tail bone.




Here you can see the rubbery patch, which was stapled to the side of my leg and hooked up to a little pump that sounded like a motorbike, all day and all night!
It's needed due to the swelling associated with compartment syndrome.




This was taken whilst I was having my IVC filter implanted ( it's inserted into an artery in the groin area to stop blood clots travelling from my leg to my heart ).
If you look right in the middle you should just be able to see the little blighter.
This is what I'm having removed on the 8th of January under a local anaesthetic.




.

Comments:
Comments:
For some reason, those skull shots really creep me out. Maybe cos it's like a grim little glimpse into your future (as a skeleton rotting in the ground) or something... not that you're the only one with that future, but you know what I mean!

The other bone shots don't make me think of that though, just the skulls... wierd.
 
Maybe it's because you can see into my mind! Wooooaaooohhoooo.....
:)
Really, they kind of creeped my out a bit as well.
Probably because it is the skull and not just some bit of bone with some metal in it.
 
Yeah Ha there pardner, you`all wanta try living in fire..
I dont live in the myself, quite safe where i am.

2 the sleeping problem, i have solution, just not the technology..
floating statis field is the go. i still got the boney protusion out my glutious maximus. bitch to sit or ly on.
Got to move some microwave ovens.
Sorry, the music got me.
 
vxquizit1 - Yeah, might give the fires a miss.
Let me know when you get that stasis field business up and running eh!
And what are you doing moving microwaves anyway?!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?