Friday, May 26, 2006

AND OUT HERE, ON THE AFRICAN SAVANNAH,.....................

If you've ever seen a newborn zebra or antelope trying to stand up, then you will remember how the determined foal tries to come to grips with reality.
You'll remember how its scrawny little legs do battle with gravity and threaten to give way at any moment.
You'll see its body atop limbs that look too skinny and flimsy to support its weight.
And then you'll recall how the weak supports give way and the whole lot comes tumbling down like a world trade centre tower.
Well that was me today.
Well not exactly like that, but pretty close to it.
Alright, so I wasn't a baby wilderbeast.
Ok, so I had a couple of physiothearapists helping me get up.
And they did help me 'tumble down' in a controlled manner.
But really.............that was me.............the newborn gazelle trying to remain vertical for a few seconds.
I didn't know what to expect as my last memory of standing up was..............when I was standing up. I never had to think about it, I just did it.
I didn't remember it being so hard or painful.
Oh well, at least now I know what I'm up against.

Comments:
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?