Thursday, May 25, 2006

BLOODY PAIN IN THE NECK!

Owwww is probably the best way to describe the last two days.
The operation went well. I'm now sporting a fresh wound on my left collarbone / neck and left hip (bone graft donor site) as well as a new metal plate with six, what look like, self tapping screws. According to the surgeon, the collarbone did not even attempt to unite and the wires in the fingers were a bit 'difficult' to get out.
The first night was absolutely woeful. Instead of being left in the surgical ward with a morphine i.v. pump I was sent back to my ward and given numerous pills, injections and observation checks.
As a result I got absolutely no sleep and in the morning I was in so much pain that I had trouble swallowing due to the needles site and the cut which extended into my neck.
I had a couple of painkillers stashed away for that first night just in case a situation like this should occur. The only problem was that I was in so much pain that I couldn't move to get them. How bloody ironic.

This morning's shower was particularly painful and long. This was followed by the dressing of the wounds, which was also painful and long.
This afternoon I slept for about 4 hours and my roommate was kind enough to stand guard and make sure I wasn't disturbed and for that I am extremely grateful.
As a result I am feeling heaps better and am able to write this.
Had the strangest dream though during that time.
I dreamt I was walking around in my room.
I dreamt I was surprised at how easy it was. That got me thinking..............aside from the weight bearing...............how hard can it be? Will I remember how?

"Hmmm"....... as he takes another painkiller and washes it down with water and chocolate

Comments:
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?