Sunday, May 21, 2006

DAY 64.......THINGS ARE NOT GOING AS PLANNED

It's official!
There is hope left for Europe yet!
I'm glad to see that good taste, a recognition of genius songwriting and quality live performance prevailed at the end of the day.
Lithuania's hypnosis efforts didn't work, looks like it's back to the drawing board for them.
Finland's entry has come through with the goods
Was I right?
You betcha!
Does it prove that Europe is stuck in the 80's?
You betcha!
I can only cringe with anticipation when trying to imagine what the other countries will come up with to try and compete with that next year.
There must a stack of music producers, managers, promoters who are absolutely beside themselves for not seeing it coming. How could they think their mediocre efforts couldn't win the contest! It's worked every other year!


Apart from Eurovision and a couple of visitors it's been a particularly uneventful weekend.


Day 64 and I'm starting to get quite fed up with this shit.
Not even my roommate's midnight arguments in his sleep carry any entertainment value anymore. I have no idea who he's arguing with, but wouldn't want to be in their shoes.
I don't know, maybe my biorhythms are a bit pissy or the moon's in the wrong phase, but today has been , well.....shitty. I fell asleep this arvo for about 3 hours and that's not normal for me.
Maybe it was the dream about walking around in the mountains with my best mate at dusk, with the snow falling all around in a lightly gusting wind that did it.
I'm a bit sick of staring at the same flat landscape that is Melbourne. I haven't seen anything as much as a hill in over two months, which also makes me think I'd make a crap sailor.
Even the wheelchair has lost its novelty value. It just sits there staring at me like a dog that wants go for a walk but knows its master is not interested one bit.
Oh well...........see what tomorrow brings.

Comments:
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?