Thursday, May 18, 2006

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!!

It’s our two month anniversary!!!

I first met my injuries one weekend on a lovely road in the bush just out of the city. We were introduced to each other quite by accident thanks to a sudden mutual acquaintance, a semi trailer. It works for a potato cartage company and thought we would make a good pair.
We hit it off instantly and spent our honeymoon at the Royal Prince Alfred hospital.

Since then, we have gotten to know each other quite well.
Our relationship like any other has had its ups and downs, and at times the pressure was so great it almost tore us apart. My injuries sometimes were very hard to live with and caused me a lot of pain, but in time as we got to know each other better, I learnt how to deal with them.

I learnt to accept my injuries for what they are and realised that even though deep down, living with them isn’t what it was cracked up to be, with a bit of tolerance we could mend our relationship.

For a long time we took things slowly and only recently have I been able to see them undressed. My injuries aren’t the prettiest around, but then again beauty is only skin deep. They’re not as superficial as some I’ve met before and we’ve developed a much deeper connection that’s not just physical, but also emotional.
You could say “I’ve got them, under my skin”.

We did seek some professional help. The orthopaedic and plastic surgeons have been instrumental in helping the healing process along and we’re very impressed by the way they’ve managed to nurse our fractured relationship back to the point it’s at now.
Their Prince Alfred operation is well respected and I would recommend them to anyone.
And also, because of them, my injuries conceived and we are the now the proud parents of eighteen healthy scars! Two of which I got to see today for the first time in about four weeks.
There’s two more on the way, they should be born around Tuesday next week. Can’t wait!

Any way, here’s a photo of the two scars I haven’t seen for a month.
Aren’t they just gorgeous!







Comments:
Comments:
well zuba, they're some scars, fuckin' crackers. nice one. are you gonna use the "shark attack" strategy for picking up chicks?
(god it's nice to talk orstrayan)
anyway, i must thank you for helping me through my day.
you see i've developed a nice little abcess in my gums which has half-paralysed my face. people at work called me elephant man such was my swelling.
anyway, it hurt like fuck all day, but i gingerly gritted my teeth and thought of you and thought 'nice one bro, good on ya'. and the pain grew a little less.
nice work mate
glenn.
 
(this time it's actually me here...)

that's a really nicely written piece chris.

two months eh, what a ride. i'm sitting here trying to think of what else to say about that but all i'm doing is shaking my head thinking "holy shit..." and then thinking "great work..." and then thinking "bloody hell..." and then shaking my head again.

s'all very impressive :)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?