Sunday, June 18, 2006

3 MONTHS AND STILL NO WALKIES

"It's been one of the best Saturdays I've had for ages!" I proclaimed.

"It's Sunday....." said Maxi.

Hmmm, those drugs just aren't having any effect at all are they!

Went to the pub today with Maxi and Erin today. Maxi being Alan's daughter.
They wheeled me down there and we met Alan, Adam and Paul for some lighthearted conversation and to toast my 3 month anniversary.
Yes folks, it's been 3 months to the day since my indecent assualt by the semi.
And it sure as hell feels like 3 months too.
I'm hoping that in a month's time I can go home, but we'll see.
We were treated to some interesting displays. One being some poor girl's fashion victim consequence, her hipster jeans were so low we were all tempted to see how many coins we could slot down her arse crack.
The other being some Aussieroos supporter who continuously picked his nose and then proceeded to play with the newly acquired piece of snot like it was some piece of plastecine or something. He was doing this in full view of all the punters like it was completely normal.
The people that you meet in Richmond!
I think this is the first time I've been tipsy since before coming into the hospital system.
It felt really good too, especially being wheeled back to my room at a fair rate of knots by two giggling girls who thought that dodgem cars with a wheelchair was a really cool concept.
Fastest I've ever returned from the pub!

When I got to my room, Mum and a couple of her friends were there with a plate of home cooked pierogi. For those unfortunate to not be in the know, these are little pastries filled with either meat or cheese, boiled and served with fried onion and bacon.
Mmmmmmmmmm, god it tasted good!
This was followed by some home baked almond cake which was equally as scrumptious.


My attempt to get one good photo per day has been thwarted by a neverending series of overcast, sunless days which just does not make for good photos.
Oh well, it gets me out of the hospital for a while each day.
And I've found the quickest and easiest way to get back to my ward is to go down the underground carpark ramp and to the lift, which then takes me straight to my ward.
Get a decent pace down that ramp, and I've found I can steer the wheelchair using the brakes. This enables me to squeeze between the boom gate and the wall at the bottom. A darn handy thing that as I wouldn't want to add an unsuccessful decapitation to my list of injuries.


Not much left to do but to stay up to watch the Australia Brazil match. I think it would take an absolute miracle for Australia to win this one, but we'll see.
:)






Comments:
Comments:
mmmmm... pierogi. yummo. sounds like a great day zubster.

overcast sunless days eh? sounds like ireland! god this place can be a bastard to take photos in, all grey grey grey. but then i've seen other people's shots of cloudy days over here and they've managed to make them look all eerie and cool... obviously they have skills i don't!

how are your new tunes? we've been listening a lot to the pogues over here, gearing up for the trip. there's some awesome songs on that best of. happy listening!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?