Wednesday, June 28, 2006

STRANGE THING THE HUMAN BRAIN.......

Standing there at the cavernous mouth of the seemingly never ending tunnel I tried to fathom the age of its existence.
I couldn’t remember how we came to be in this place.
I knew it was near some beach, in the hinterland or forest, but that seemed about as important at the time as the list of things to get at the local shop, sitting crumpled in my pocket.
The walls glowing with ever changing fractal patterns and colours, blended into each other as soon as I tried to focus on the vanishing point.
Something about it returned me to my childhood and the Doctor Who starting credits.
Only this was far more complex, far more beautiful, far more sinister and awesome.
More like the best acid trip you’ve ever been on multiplied by a million times, than something the special effects guys at BBC could ever come up with.
There was no vanishing point, at least none that I could see.
This was the stuff of chaos, primordial and raw. Pure chaos in its original and only form.
How it existed here in a layer so fine was incomprehensible.
Completely disparate yet inherently attached to our reality like the DNA shared by siblings.


“How old is this?” I enquired softly.


“Old as time itself.” he replied.
“You see, when the earth was being created these were used to travel between one point and another. Kind of like a lift on a construction site or a subway.” He added enthusiastically.


“How many of them are there?” I asked almost automatically, still trying hard to comprehend what I was witness to.


“No one really knows.”
“Over time their existence and locations have been forgotten, but we do know of three more.” He added in a very matter of fact manner.


“So, where does this one go to?”

I turned my head towards him.


“No one really knows. Or more to the point, no one that I’m aware of has ever had the guts to find out.”




Funny the dreams you have sometimes :)







Four II





The left side of the long bolt is the one which a tendon or ligament is flicking across, causing mucho paino and severely inhibiting my rehab...........

Comments:
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?