Monday, June 05, 2006

THRILLS, SPILLS AND 3RD DEGREE BURNS

Was very stoked to catch up with a good mate Trent from Tassie yesterday. Not only did he bring himself but also not one, but two six packs of my favourite.......Cascade Red!
What A fine drop it is! Nectar o' the gods!
Seeing as it can't be purchased legally or otherwise in Victoria I savour every drop I can get like Paris Hilton in a certain video. Although I tend not to make as many f**k faces.
We popped down to the pub where beer was consumed, news exchanged and old adventures reminisced upon.
I was also visited by one of my sister's friend's mum Urania, whom I haven't seen since I left Tassie. So.... hi to Gosia from Urania!


Did I fail to mention the minor spill I had on Saturday?
Seems all the physio had caught up with my right calf.
Getting up in the morning I tried to put my right foot down flat on the ground only to find out that it didn't want to. My calf muscle / tendon was so tight that I couldn't get it stretched enough to enable me to put my foot down. As a result I fell backwards........kind of landing on the bed / wheelchair / nurse.
No harm done, but still having trouble getting more than 90 degrees out of my ankle.


Right now I'm watching a bloke on tv who went into a coma ( diabetes related I think ) in his car, the car caught on fire, he woke up and got rescued. Went to hospital with 60% 3rd degree burns, now only has part of a thumb left and is on a respirator. And get this, he's a clinical psychologist who was attached to a burns unit for 4 years!
Suddenly a dodgy calf seems so insignificant.






I think that's truck tyre tracks on the engine. And just look what they've done to my beautiful alloy rear set footpegs......spanked!




Don't need whole brake discs anyway! Hell, Bert Munro never used brakes!





Cracked rocker covers........I guess that's what you get for letting 30 odd tons of potato salad have it's way with your 'cycle.

Comments:
Comments:
i read the transcript of that enough rope interview with the psychologist... bloody hell, gives you perspective eh. well, gives me perspective, i think you have plenty of your own!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?