Thursday, July 06, 2006

FINALLY GOT MY WALKING LICENCE!!!!!!!!!!!

Just a quick note today.
Had my review today with the trauma department. Gotta love it when you start seeing people around such a big hospital and they give you a wave and cheerfully say


"Hi Chris! How's the leg / hand / arm?"


Anyway, long and short is I can now officially start walking! Three and a half months it's been, can you believe it?
So woohoo for me!!!!
So I did 3 laps of the five metre long walking rails and to be quite honest, I''m back to performing newborn antelope impersonations.
And I've ached in both legs and right arm ever since like I haven't ached for ages!
After spending six and a half hours in a wheel chair and walking 15 metres I was knackered and soon as I got back to my room it was time for a nanna nap, out of which I didn't arise until dinner time.

Apparently, my right femur and lower leg fractures haven't quite healed yet, and the x-rays did confirm that. The femur still has a floating piece that hasn't quite atteched itself yet and that's about 4 inches long.
I'm not allowed to use crutches as my left collarbone isn't ready for that kind of commitment yet. Apparently it wants to take things slowly.
Regarding the screw in my knee, that's going to be removed on the 21st so I'll regain normal use of my knee. That'll be operation number 7 or "Operation Screw You Screw".
My bicep is rooted and there will be a nerve conductivity test carried out to tell me that.

I also got a copy of the x-rays taken after the close encounter of a truck kind, before I was bolted back together.
Not pretty at all!
It was quite scary actually to see the damage done, a bit hard to relate to as well.
Once I can figure out how to post them you can all gaze to your heart's content and make all those ooh and ahh sounds you all seem to make.
I've noticed that if I was blindfolded I could pick who the person is that's making them as you all have individual ways of expressing those sounds. You pick up on weird things like that, or maybe I've just been here too long.

Well I'm stuffed so it's off to the fart sack for me!

Comments:
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?