Saturday, July 08, 2006

GET YOUR WALKING TALKING THUNDERBIRDS ACTION FIGURES HERE!!!

'


This walking caper is a bit strange.
I tried it in the walking rails and my right leg wasn't coping too well due to unhealed fractures and that whopping chunk in the thigh that's just floating around causing excessive pain and reducing my co-ordination.
Hydro therapy is out of the question as wounds are still too fresh.
Crutches are a no no as my left shoulder is still non weight bearing.
So that just leaves the Golvo.
And no, it's not a volvo for gay people!
It's a hoist which is used to take some of the weight off your feet, therefore making it easier to walk.
It's a fantastic aid but is about as comfortable as being fondled by a 200kg, 6 foot 8 inches tall Bubba in a jail cell.
When I was first strapped in, the physio left the two outer straps off thinking they were just for decoration or something.
The first go I had was like trying to walk with someone giving you a wedgie at the same time.
It also made me bend forward at a fair angle whilst I was trying to walk.
Very unnatural and quite painful in the lower back area.
And while all this is going on the physio is like:


"Stand up straight Chris!" smile


Yeah right!
Anyway, I deducted that the pretty decorative straps were in fact there to be attached to the overgrown coathanger, off which I was hanging in a position not dissimilar to Bubba's cellmate.
After suggesting that we place these two straps in their rightful spots, the whole excercise seemed to take a turn for the better.
Although still very uncomfortable, I was now able to stand up straight, although the coathanger on steroids was now tapping me on the back of the head in a way not dissimilar to the way Bubba would his cellmate.
None the less, I was off for a lap or two of the gym.
The funny side effect of being strapped into this contraption is it tends to make you look like Virgil from the Thunderbirds tv series when walking.
I'll let you decide.





Only things that are missing are the lame hat, pink gumboots and 60's "phaser" :)





Oh, and my stitches are finally out!!!! Wooohoooo!!
No more "Holy shoulder batman!"






.

Comments:
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?