Sunday, July 09, 2006

TASWEGIAN SURPRISES AND SURPRISING TASWEGIANS

'

Oh joy and delectation!
I had a phone call from two old friends from Tassie.
Astrid and her Hubby Joe were 1/2 of my first band ever. Now that's going back 13 years, kind of fair while when I think about it.
Astrid informed me that they now have a second child and also that she's just released her CD. Also mentioned Joe's unfortunate little episode with an exploding garbage bag after which he's nearly grown his eyebrow's back.
Anyway, today I not only received a copy of Astrid's CD but also of another friend of mine's.
Joe ( not husband Joe, but a chap who Astrid and I were forming a band with once ) has released a second CD.
So I've now got two fantastic quality albums to listen to as I write this entry.
Having a look at the artists on these albums I am reminded of the tremendously talented bunch of people I left in Tassie.
Most of them good friends, others acquaintances, but all gifted musicians of a standard as high as anywhere else in the world.
I miss these people and their music and have found it very difficult to find similar musicians here in Melbourne since moving here three and a half years ago.
But listening to these CD's I am encouraged to continue my music when I get out with a new enthusiasm and hunger.
So thank you Astrid and Joe and Joe, you have given me much more than two bits of round plastic.


The second call I got was from another old friend from the apple isle, Michelle.
It turns out she's coming over to see Queensryche play here next week and we'll be popping in for a visit.


Oh and mum brought me a shitload of chocolate!!!!!
All in all, a pretty good sunday.






If anyone wants to buy one of these I can put you in touch with the artists, seriously this is realy great stuff!
I can't really put them in a genre but they do have bits of jazz, funk, roots, cabaret, rock, and other stuff.
I'm not going to describe the songs as that would be like trying to describe the Mona Lisa to a blind man and expect him to fully comprehend the artwork. Completely pointless.



.

Comments:
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?