Thursday, August 31, 2006

AND.............BREATHE

Does anyone realise or even care that I haven't been outside for ten days?
After this afternoon's physio session I was feeling well enough to venture outside and steal a bit of the outside world for myself.
As soon as the sliding doors parted, the non airconditioned air hit my body, my senses and my soul.
It was like having a drink of cool water after walking through the bush on a stinker of a day with none of the liquid release from the clutches of dehydration, available.
Sitting there watching the cabbies having a lunch break, the various hospital staff and others walking backwards and forwards, in and out of the building.
The blossoms, on the tree that I photographed in autumn with its golden leaves, the tufts of green on the bare tree branches, all new images and colours for my eyes to take in.
I immediately felt better, but on returning to my cell I was once again met by a feeling of imprisonment, or more an isolation from the real world.
Well, thankfully Brenton and Princess Strawberry came to the rescue and took me down the pub for some fresh air, a beer and a bit of pub grub.
Another motorcycling mate, Mick D, also turned up a bit later.
We spent a bit of time engaging in normal social interaction, in a pub.
Can't get more normal than that.

As painful as it was, it was really good for me mentally and spiritually.

.

Comments:
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?