Tuesday, September 05, 2006

FOR THE TIMES, THEY ARE A CHANGING.............

My word........When it doesn't rain, it bloody pours!!!!!!

First of all, I was woken up this morning with some great news.
There was a free bed in the room next to my old room, and I was welcome to it.
Goodbye downer bogan cellmate!
Goodbye noisy air conditioning unit!
Goodbye view of air conditioning duct!
So for the first time in ages I was actually awake, dressed and roaming the ward in my wheelchair, before 8am!
The nurses were beside themselves and I couldn't help, but pick my guitar as the first object to be moved and have a little happy tinkle on it ( much to the annoyance of one of my old cellmates ).
Before breakfast was served I had been relocated to this new room.
I know the bloke in here from the ward, and he's also a semi trailer victim.
His own semi's air brakes weren't set properly, he fell off the fuel tank and it ran over his leg.
Somehow, it didn't crush his leg, but it did do some rather serious soft tissue damage.
He should be out in a week.
It's nice for a change to have a cellmate who's got a sense of humour and a positive attitude.


Not long after that, I received a phone call from Kerry.
Kerry, as a member of the Bent and Buckled Bikers Bureau informed me of the upcoming Phillip Island Australian Motorcycle Grand Prix MRA run from Cranbourne to the island.




She also told me that the 4 B's had organised some trikes to ride at the head of the group and there was a spot for me on the back of one of them.
Apparently the guys on the back of these trikes will be hanging out with the MRA in their tent, along with former 500cc World Champion Wayne Gardner , you can see him winning at the island here.
He's going to flag the start of the run at Cranbourne.
THANKS HEAPS KERRY AND THE 4 B'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

All this and it wasn't even 10am!!!!
I was feeling lucky so in the afternoon I borrowed another patient's electric wheelchair and buzzed down to the newsagent to get me some lottery ticket action.


I found out an interesting bit of news that touched my heart.
An article in the Guardian newspaper on the decline of the tie.
Something that I've been a great advocate of for ages, let's face it the tie is ridiculous and just as women burnt their bras, so should men incinerate their symbols of class and corporate bondage.
Vive la revolucion!!!!!!!!!

A good day indeed................


.

Comments:
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?