Monday, September 04, 2006

LET SLEEPING STINGRAYS LIE, STEVE IRWIN REST AND ME SLEEP IN PEACE

'
A sad day for Australia today.
Well, it's a day anyway.
That boisterous larrikin Steve Irwin passed away due to a coronary arrest.




Caused by a stingray barb accurately and rapidly inserted into his heart, by some unsuspecting stingray he was no doubt attempting to fondle.
Now, I was snorkling at Cape Shank last summer with Cam and Gino, where I was very close to a large stingray on more than one occasion.
All those times I swam away from the freaky looking thing because I know that they can give you a rather nasty sting with the barb on their tail.
But no, he had to go and play with the damn thing didn't he?

He was one of the those Australians who made us all cringe whenever gracing our tv screens, and who the rest of the world ( mostly Americans, let's face it they do think they are the rest of the world ) loved and adored.
The fact that the rest of the world's population thinks Australia is inhabited by Steve Irwins will take years, if not generations to correct.
And for that he stands accused and guilty.
But you have to give it to him though.
He did do a fair bit for fauna and conservation awareness and if his goofy persona, passionate and almost unnatural love of reptiles ( and things we generally would kill out of fear at the merest opportunity ) and his carry on like a kid in a lolly shop had helped that, then we gotta be grateful for him.
I'm still not really decided on his waving the baby at the crocodiles though.


I on the other hand am currently Doohan OK.
One of the two wound sites is uncovered and now just waiting for the other one to come good.
A little less pain every day :)
A lot less than Steve Irwin anyway.
I'm looking forward to being able to sleep on my right side again.
So far, sleep has been in alternating left side and back positions, none of which is satisfactory.
Being a side sleeper, lying on my back brings on breathing issues like snoring and a general feeling of unnatural and constant discomfort.
Something akin to having things inserted and left in an orifice into which things shouldn't be inserted and left.
Or riding a motorbike side saddle.
Or voting Liberal.
You get the picture right?
It's just plain wrong.
The other option is to sleep on my left side.
The one with the fractured and plated collarbone..............although as uncomfortable, it is also painful to the point that after a period of about 15 minutes I am forced to turn back onto my back.
So, I'm hoping that soon I'll be able to actually GET SOME PROPER BLOODY SLEEP!!!!
My cellmate's midnight ramblings don't help either, but I think he's leaving tomorrow.
Oh man!
Now he's on the phone, threatening to punch some bloke's head in!


A side effect of this whole truck induced raw deal is one I would have never contemplated.
You see I have experienced a strange growth.
This growth comes in spurts and from different locations, but it keeps on increasing.
I have found it to be caused by a few people I know.
And I am very grateful to them.
My music collection has been expanding due to people like my sister and GM in Ireland, Wolfy in Tassie and Glen B in Queensland.
I've received some new stuff from my sister and GM like the new Muse and System Of A Down albums.
And I was told off by Glen B for listening to a Johnny Cash and Willie Nelson album, so he's sending me some medicine like Rush, Devin Townsend and the like.
A pleasant side effect if you don't mind.


Before I forget, here's a fantastic bit of Japlish.
It's a description of a weird Japanese motorbike which can be found here.

This commodity is the hand made commodity, for improving specification there are times when it modifies without notice.
??????? because of hand made custom from the method which receives reservation has produced in order.
The engine, in addition part has used the best USED part.
This vehicle is the official recognition vehicle which is based on safety standards.
Arrangement and the like of the maintenance shop and the like the buyer supposing the Bick motorcycle from becomes, design stage, burden we are designed and the section parts maintain preeminent strength.
Feeling at rest even on the winding load, and the highway you can ride.



.

Comments:
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?