Friday, September 01, 2006

SYMPATHY FOR ONE DEVIL, BUT FOR THE OTHER?

Another motorcycling mate of mine, Rob G. ( who works at the same psych. hospital my sister's man GM used to when they were here ), has gone out and busted his leg whilst skiing for the first time.
He did ok, managed to last two and a half days before fracturing his tibia and fibula ( the lower leg bones ).
After a few days at the St. Vincent's hospital he is now a proud owner of tibial rod and some cross bolts.

I have some really great mates.
Not only do they come and visit me in horsepiddle, take me to the pub, bring me grub and grog, joints, hash cookies, rare beers from overseas, send funny and inappropriate emails, but they go out and hospitalise themselves out of sympathy!
Now you can't get much more committed than that, can you now?
I am truly blessed don't you think?

Speaking of emails, Geoff C. sent me a bloody hilarious, if not scary link the other day.
Well we all know how much of an imbecile Georgie Dubya is ( that crazy old freemason, oh he's a langer ), but this is like a greatest hits compilation of the best of his worst moments.


I just realised that I have not mentioned anything about my current cellmate.
He's a barrel of laughs now.
Another bloody substance abuser, this time a surfy bogan.
Reckons he's got a pound of South Oz grass at home, but maintains that he's got nowhere to go whenever the staff want to discharge him.
There's some girlfriend and small girl involved as well, but he can't live there because of some Apprehended Violence Order that someone in that house has against him.
Then there are the phone calls to the Correctional Officer, something about his left over 10 hours of community service and whether he could leave the state to go to another one.
Then there's the random spraying of some sickly, artificially sweet and vile air freshener or deodorant in his half of the room, which of course wafts across into my half.
IT REEKS!!!!!

He has not said a positive word in the entire week that we've been sharing and the only time he's actually said anything was when he needed or wanted something.
He's on the 12 hour painkiller, the 4 hour painkiller ( every 4 hours ), valium and sleeping tablets.
What a fucking mess!

Apparently, the police think he was pissy driving and the Traffic Accident Commission isn't paying him any money.
He had a suspended licence too, I believe.
Now I tend to believe his story that the guy driving his car took off after smashing it, seeing as the fractured pelvis is busted on the left side, where the tree hit, but it's not up to me.
So he reckons he was taking home $2000 a week labouring and now has nothing and no where to be discharged to.

Two other patients lasted one night in the same room as him before asking to be moved out.
I don't know how, but I've been here for a week now.
Probably because there are no other beds available.
Do I feel sorry for him?
Sometimes a bit, but I don't really fancy getting involved.
Everyone's got a sob story yeah.
Got enough to worry about on my plate as it is.


.

Comments:
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?