Monday, October 16, 2006

ANY MORE SURPRISES?

These surpirses just keep on coming.
Had another surprise tea incident with my sister, when she plonked herself onto the couch causing a storm in my tea cup, which inevitably ended up in my lap, down my groin, etc.


This morning I managed to finish off Ghost Rider.
It was a really strange way to finish a book, both for me and the author.
Just as the tale is rolling along with more of the travelling and grief and all that, he suddenly finds true love, gets married and lives happily ever after!
All in the last 5 of 460 pages!
As for me, this bizarre literary tactic was accompanied by Cam playing some ancient recording of The Wizard of Oz, which he proudly held up as an op shop bargain find last week.


"Follow the yellow brick road. Follow the yellow brick road. Follow, follow follow, etc........"


A most freaky combination.

Then later this morning I received a phone call from a mate of Taswegian extraction asking me where in Brdge Road ( rehab. hospital ) I was residing.
I informed him that I was in fact now at home on my temporary Permanent Vacation.
So he drove up to my house and picked me up.
We then drove to Bridge Rd. as I had physio there today, had a coffee, a beer, caught up with some gossip from him and his womans.
Turns out they were up here for a wedding and seeing as we didn't have too much time to catch up at the rally they gave me a buzz.


So, I've decided that when my sister is around, there will be no tea involved and also that Ghost Rider has one of the most abrupt endings I've ever witnessed.
Apart from that trip up to the border on the 18th of March.


.

Comments:
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?