Monday, October 30, 2006

CRASH LANDINGS AND SNOWMEN

Had my first proper fall on Saturday night, a right proper crash landing in the kitchen.
I am now sporting a lovely bruise on my left buttock ( I figured the left side will probably take the hit better than the already and still broken right side ) and it is mighty tender.
Oh well, at least the pain is nicely balanced between the two halves of my pelvis now.
Not bad really I figured, 7 and a half months it took to finally come crashing back down to earth


My sister's taken off back to Cork after her surprise 2 week visit.
And a damn fine time it was catching up with her eh.
Being able to talk to her face to face and not over some telephone line really felt good!
Before she left, she told of a band called snowman.
They happened to be playing on the night she had to fly unfortunately, but I went along to check them out and was thoroughly impressed by their tight and entertaining show.
The music is hard to describe, but energetic, manic, creepy, dynamic are some of the words that come to mind.
I found out my sister had met the bass player some years back and that she is Maja's cousin Olga.
The last time the three of them were together was in Iceland.
Bloody small world isn't it?
It's a shame the band is from Perth as it would be good to catch them more often.
I wonder what made them call themselves Snowman?
I mean, there isn't a lot of snow in the Perth area really is there?


It was also a good chance to practice some rock photography.
hehehe ;)

















Now I'm just counting down till the weekend and the following "Operation Hip To Be Square", which will hopefully enable me to walk on both of my legs instead of just one.


.

Comments:
Comments:
Oh you lucky bastard! I didn't get to catch snowman at their cd launch in Perth as I was at work at the time. Luckily for you they do happen to pop over east quite often.

Snowman totally rock! JJ and I try to go to as many of their shows as we can.
 
Yeah, they do rock!!!
They're quite a breath of fresh air in Melbourne as there's a lot of that shoe gazing monotonous indy rock stuff here.
Bores me to tears!
And your cus plays mean bass too :)
 
nice shots chris!!
glad you enjoyed the gig, they really put on a great show eh.
 
Yeah sis!
One of the tightest shows I'd seen in ages.
Still working on the photography stuff too, but it's getting better.
It's funny, trying to step into the photography mindset at a gig and still trying to get the full effect of the show.
I suppose being a muso helps me recognise good moments to shoot.
 
loved your second shot with the lights shinning out. slow shutter?
 
David, that was using the zoom whilst shooting the shot, it's a pretty cool effect, you might be able to do it with a tripod and zooming whilst remotely releasing the shutter.
Takes a littl while to get the technique down, but it's good fun.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?