Tuesday, October 31, 2006

A FEW UPDATES............

Chickens: Still alive and suborbital, helmet tests inconclusive, chickens love red capsicum, no escape attempts or human attacks of late. ( suspect golf club approach worked )

Melbourne Cup Camping Trip: only 3 more days to go before we find out if cripples really can camp, fish, sleep in hammocks without falling out and cross uncharted territory using nothing but crutches, wheelchair and some willing and able assistants! If there are any incidents it's good to know I'll be going straight to hospital the day after we get back anyway.

Operation Hip To Be Square: only 8 days to go before yet more metal is inserted into my body and therefore more morphine. ( recommended listening - Sister Morphine by the Rolling Stones )

Arse Bruise: Still there, still sore.

TAC: Finally got some payments off them after the 8 week stuff around due to lack of medical certificate.

Zen And The Art Of Motorcycle Maintenance: Nearly finished, only 30 pages to go. God it's like chewing on a really tough bit of gristle.


.

Comments:
Comments:
I read Zen and the art of motorcycle maintenance a year or so ago.

I must read it again, but I think the first time I read it I got angry with the narrator. I can't remember.. I might read it again. It's not an easy read, however.
 
I know what you mean, I found it a bit tough to get inspired about reading it, but I got through it.
A mate of mine says the next book is even more full on.
Glad I read it though, especially as I could have applied it to trying to fix my housemate's car.
It still wasn't right and it took a mechanic mate of mine to point me in the simple direction, rather than trying to complicate matters.
 
i reckon the best zen on any motor fixing stuff is take it to ya best mechanic.this from a qualified mechanics.
got sick of trying to get the crud out from under your nails years ago. special if you were going out.
 
David, yeah I can see the logic in that.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?