Tuesday, October 03, 2006

I'M BACK!!!

Hey kids, I'm back.


Little word of advice: don't go cold turkey off the morphine after continuous 6 month use.
Not good.


You may be questioning my sanity and asking why did I do that?
Well, since my sudden discharge from the hospital I found myself without my wheelchair.
Now as I'm experiencing some technical difficulties with my walking leg / knee and lower back, I didn't want to have a heightened pain threshold, which could potentially cause more damage and problems later on.
I was hoping to get off the morph in hospital, but the stoopid doctors a) recommended against it and b) didn't give me a chance due to the sudden booting off the ward.
Good news is I may be getting a wheelchair as of Friday which will definitely make life easier.

Currently I am facing a pile of paper work to catch up on, still have to dispose of the bike and am starting outpatients physio and hydro therapy.
All good fun.
Not.


I also went for a short tram ride on Sunday with Cam to pick up his car and to see if I can cope with it.
On the way back we cruised through Fitzroy and Northcote to pick up the lawn mower.
Here's some photos from the trip.


Cruising in Christine

Some bag in a tree ( reminds me of American Beauty )

Stranded

Bit of scooter action


.


Comments:
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?