Saturday, October 14, 2006

A LITTLE BIT OF CORK AND SALTED TEA

So there I was lazing upon the couch, trying not to move too much or rapidly, so as not to disturb the beer in my stomach, which had just been polluted by some baked beans and eggs with sour dough rye toast.
In order to occupy my poor old brain that had spent all morning trying to find first gear in a box full of neutrals, I'd decided to attempt to read more of that fascinating book Ghost Rider.

I had received a phone call from my mum eariler asking me if I will be in this afternoon.
I think I groaned or something similar, as a sign of acknowledgement and acceptance.
Not much later she arrived and told me she'd left something in the car.
Upon her return I thought I'd finally done it.
I'd finally gone stark raving bonkers
In front of me was my mother, but she seemed to have suddenly lost about 30 years or so.
Then I came to the realisation that I was not certifiable, that was my sister standing there in front of me.
Bloody glad I was lying down when that happened.
It would appear that she'd secretely jumped on a flight from Cork in Ireland, told pretty much everyone except me and rocked on up to my house.
We celebrated with some traditional Clarence Street salted tea.
Everyone has at some point made this special tea due to the indistinguishable salt and sugar containers.
That was the second surprise for the day.

I am really looking forward to her 2 week stay here and the chance to catch up in person.
She's definitely my sister though, she polished off a bottle of white wine by herself.
Now that's how you deal with jet lag kids!!!




Mum, sis and my bad self......


.

Comments:
Comments:
That's awesome! She mentioned something about a surprise visit to Australia.. I didn't realise it was now!
 
Yeah, it totally spun me out too!!!
Last thing I expected.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?