Friday, October 27, 2006

OPERATION PISCES CULL AND THE OTHER ONE..............

It just about 1 week to go till our annual Melbourne Cup Camping Extravaganza and just under 2 weeks till my next surgery and I haven't come up with any mascots for the trip or a name for my next operation.
I'm thinking "Operation Acetabular Spectacular" or "Operation Hip To Be Square", not decided yet.

As for the camping trip mascot, we had Percy the 22 kilo rare breed sow, which we spit roasted last year at the week long festival of Oddways At Otways Trotter Tickler Camping Extravaganza and I don't know how we're going to come up with a mascot of a standard that reaches the now seemingly unscalable height to which the bar has been raised.
I did suggest we take the Hell's Hens with us, you know on a leash like, so we can have fresh eggs, but the boys steered me away from that by pointing out the fact that we'll be in the Alpine National Park and foreign non native fauna is generally frowned upon.
And Cam doesn't want chicken shit in his car either.
We might take some dead chickens and cook them over the embers Argentine style ( kind of looks like a crucified chook next to a fire ).


Image hosted by Webshots.com
by evgibson

Click to see full size.

Keli is kindly lending me his hammock so I will have something to sleep on, a little hard getting down onto and up off the ground at the moment.
Actually it's impossible to do that without resembling a World Trade Centre Tower.
As for getting back up, well, I haven't been in that position yet and don't really want to be.
I think I'll actually spend a fair amount time trying to coax the aquatic intellectual equivelant of the chook to put my hook through its mouth so I may hoist it up out of the tranquil watery home it has spent its life in and into my frying pan.
Seeing as I am the only one to have caught any fish in the last 3 Melbourne Cup trips ( a piddly little rainbow trout that I threw back in disgust ), I may be in with a chance.
I've heard that fishing, like pool, can be aided by the consumption of beer and I feel compelled to prove this theory.
I will of course have a lot more time to sit around rather than scaling mountains, exploring shorelines or doing those camping things like gathering firewood and stuff, so there will be plenty of time to research this.
Time to really test my piscatorial skills.
Should be a rather relaxing trip I think and just the tonic the mind, body and soul need to fortify them against the return to hospital the day after the trip.


.

Comments:
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?