Wednesday, October 11, 2006

RESIGNED TO OUR FATES

Dang chickens got out again.
Cam found them wandering around this morning, looking a bit lost and confused.
I reckon they must've been out getting on the piss last night and came home to hide back in the chicken pen before we all got up and noticed anything was wrong.

I'm sure they're planning some sort of avian revolution or something equally ludicrous.
The thing is, as crazy as that sounds, I wouldn't put it past them.
You've got meet our chickens to understand.
They break all chicken rules, they have no comprehension of authority or the fact that they could well become roast dinner very quickly, thanks to a handy little 7 iron golf club we have in the garage.

Oh well, as long as they keep laying an egg a day each, they're safe.
I do worry sometimes that one night I will wake up and they will be there...............sitting on the end of the bed...............looking at me with those murderous little chicken eyes.....................with the moonlit glint of the knife tip just poking out from underneath one of the wings.
I would hate that to be my last memory.
Shit I didn't survive getting all pranged up by a semi trailer, only to become the victim of a couple of homicidal hens hell bent on destroying the human race!!!


I forgot to mention the demise of our little bunch of nutters in the rehab hospital.
There is only one left, my old roommates Mark and Damian left today.
Only David remains.
Also, my ex manager, Scott, joined us for farewell drinks on Monday.
I mean ex as in, he resigned on Saturday.
I did enjoy working under him as he actually wanted to do things right and I liked the way he operated.
He was also one of the very few people from work who bothered to visit me at all, let alone on a regular basis.
Now I am not an arse hole, nor someone who went out of their way to annoy people, so it can't be that.
This is one of the reasons why I'm not all that keen on my former place of employment, or more to the point the people there.
Considering I worked at all three locations over the last 3 or more years, I've met pretty much everyone who was worth meeting ( or otherwise ) that has been there at the time.
This whole experience has really shown me where my colleagues' values lie.
For example, the bloke I worked with for 8-10 hours a day in the same room, similar age, also a motorcyclist, rang me once while I was in hospital.
To ask me how to get the radio going on the internet.
Nice bloke hey.

I will miss Scott's entertaining emails that he would send to Mark and myself, in order to put a smile on our dials.





Scott, David, Damian, Karly?, Mark


.

Comments:
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?