Wednesday, October 18, 2006

SUN TANS AND NAVEL GAZING

Funny period this waiting for surgery.
I have a lot of time on my hands and am finally reading all those books people gave me when I was in hospital.
Funnily enough, most of them seem to be about motorcycling.
Just started Zen And The Art Of Motorcycle Maintenance, interesting read so far.
Hopefully it ends better than the last one.


This is quite a philosophical time for me.
Time to evaluate life options, ponder the new views I have on life and people, try and figure out what I will and won't be able to do when I'm fully recovered ( I will never be 100% again, but hopefully close ) and get a sun tan ( my pale hospital body is loving the vitamin D doses ).
Seriously, it's quite pleasant lying on the couch in the backyard with a book, with the native birds singing and flying about, as well as those bloody annoying pigeons, which know no other song other than that flaming cooing they repeat like a broken record.
Death to the rats of the sky I say!!!
I'm sure they're in league with the crazy chickens and are trying their best to wear me down psychologically.
I don't know what the word for bird phobia is, but I think I'm starting to develop one.
Can't relax too much though, just in case the diabolical hell's hens decide to launch a surprise attack or escape or what ever their little reptilian brains can come up with.
If that occurs, I will be forced to commit myself to perpetrating some sort of act of violence that would send the RSPCA around in a flash.


My sister came around yesterday and helped me decrapify my life.
As the handy man is fixing the wall in my room it was a good opportunity to move a lot of crap out and sort it proper.
It was good to go through years of accumulated crap and divide it into piles to keep, throw out or give away to the op shop.
Still have more crap to go through, but it was good to start the spring cleaning process.


.

Comments:
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?