Thursday, November 09, 2006

ALL STITCHED UP.........

Operation Hip To Be Square is done and dusted.
I'm now sporting a lovely new screw, metal plate and bone graft on my acetabulum.
According to the surgeon it went very well and although it was quite a serious and complex bit of surgery, I actually feel pretty good after it.
It doesn't even feel anywhere near as painful as the last one.
There's a couple of tubes hanging out of my side and and some lovely new scarring, but overall I'm in fine form and spirits.
I really do think those 4 days in the bush helped a lot, I don't know how, but they did.
Now for a bit of recovery.


Michelle has brought to my attention that apparently I own a café in Hobart.
Check it!




Some snaps from the weekend for your enjoyment.


Good spot to set up a hammock.


The hammock, ready to rock.


All set for some R & R


Cam, tent, river and sunset.


Prototype baby chicken on a stick, Cam and I.


Chicken basting using machete.


The end product, lovely smoky fire roasted chicken on a stick.


Brenton and Cam at the swimming hole.


Just doing my hydro therapy.


Chicken on a stick Mark II.


Chicken on the way to becoming roasted goodness.


Night shot.


Night shot II.


Ahh, the high country for me! ( it's actually a stump )


Kate, also known as the female Ritchie Sambora.


Breakfast as nature intended.


Cam and Kate, so fully relaxed on the long way home.



.

Comments:
Comments:
camping looks brilliant... and the roast chooks, delicious. you're making me homesick for gum trees!!
glad the op went well. what are the tubes for?
 
Tubes are for drainage, there's a couple of jars of some really lovely looking crud that's come out of my side..
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?