Tuesday, November 14, 2006

ANOTHER DAY, ANOTHER FRACTURE...................

You may remember me harping on about winning a trivia night a few weeks back.
Well one of the team members, Bec, was on another quiz last Friday.
That's right, those who were watching Temptation would have seen her winning a dishwasher.
My sister who went along for the taping has a nice little account of that day right here.
I must say, the champ from the night before was one of those blokes with a cartoon character tie and would not have looked out of place on the tv show "The Office" ( the English one, not the pathetic lame American imitation ).
And I couldn't help but give a little fevered chuckle when Livinia Nixon saw the tie and said:


"You're just such a nutty crazy kind of guy aren't you?"


The level of sarcasm was way up there with the best Black Adder could offer, but it was so neatly wrapped in TV sincerity and tied with a ribbon consisting of a most disarming smile like Livinia can produce at the drop of a hat, that only people sensitive enough could pick up on her little piss take.


Well, my stay at Cabrini is coming to a close and I'll be back at home on Wednesday.
A bit of rest and convalescence is in order I think.
Hopefully when I get my staples removed on Monday I will be in a relatively back to normal state, or at least a lot more mobile and with most of the pain having dissipated.
The surgeon brought in the new x-rays today and showed me exactly what he'd inserted.
The size of the plate and the six self tapping screws was a lot larger than I expected.
A couple of other things I noticed on the CT scan 3D reconstruction were a couple of loose bits of bone floating around my bum.
I managed to match them to missing pieces in my tail bone.
They obviously don't seem to be a concern to anyone, but it is pretty weird knowing there are loose chunks just hanging around inside your body with nothing to do anymore.
I guess I have to add one more fracture to my list.


Oh, and I had another school us parked up my bum again today.
Can't figure out why though, as I've been taking poo tablets for two days and even drank a sickly sweet syrup designed to get things started.
Thankfully this one wasn't one of those 40 seater ones, but more of a mini van and I managed to get rid of that one all by myself with no assistance.
And there was no nurse or physio on hand to tell me that I should feel good about myself because I achieved something today!
I hope this doesn't become a regular thing eh........


.

Comments:
Comments:
loose chunks of bone eh? christ almighty... just goes to show, we really don't need our tailbone no more! maybe you're now just a little more evolved than the rest of us ;)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?