Wednesday, November 22, 2006

SCAR TISSUE THAT I WISH YOU SAW --- Red Hot Chilli Peppers

I got my staples removed on Monday and this is what it looked like after the nurse had had her way with me.
You can also see the bruising on the left side of the hip scar and the two scars from the previous operation.
Apologies if it offends, but you only have to look at it not live with it. :-p





So you can see why most positions like sitting and lying are most uncomfortable.
But I do have my couch, with its Homer Simpson comfy dent to keep me relatively unbothered by the pain!
I think I'm spending way too much time in it though.
I have been trying to get out a bit more this week and apart from crutching it to the shop on Monday, I went to see the doctor on Tuesday and went down the pub yesterday evening.
The visit to the doctor was a good idea, we spoke about trying to schedule more surgery to remove a certain offending piece of metal from my right leg, which will otherwise inhibit my rehab.
So I have to contact another surgeon and do the telephone run around with his secretary for a while.
I was convinced to go to the pub by one of my house mates and that turned out to be not such a good idea after all.
Although I did enjoy the couple of beers, the pain factor got a bit much and forgetting to take my painkillers that afternoon probably didn't help matters.
Well, physically it was a bad idea, mentally it was really good for me.
Methinks I may have tried too much too early, but one doesn't know these things until one tests them now does one?
Tomorrow I have to go back to Cabrini to see the surgeon who did the last operation, not particularly looking forward to the cab ride there and back, which is about 19km each way, I don't travel too well at the moment.
He should be able to give me some sort of time frame of when I can return to hydro and physiotherapy.
From what I can gather, the next two months will consist of recovery, going back to therapy, Christmas / new year's break, back to therapy, and eventually in late January / early February discussion about returning to work.
I would like to take a few weeks off though before that happens and have a bit of a holiday from all this, maybe travel interstate to visit friends who have offered long distance support.
We'll see eh.
I'm hoping that I can start using my right leg by Christmas time, that would be a really bonzer present.
For now I just have to let my body recuperate and wait.
Alas, more waiting...........
What's with the waiting?!
If I were a female I could have been a lady in waiting!
If I were a female I could have brought a pregnancy to full term before I could walk again!


.

Comments:
Comments:
now that's a killer scar chris... you'll definitely have to make up some kind of shark story for that one! (though the semi-trailer tale isn't all that unimpressive either really...)

hey, have you heard of those dvd delivery club things where you pay something a month, tick a whole bunch of DVDs you'd like to see, and they send you two or three of them every however-so-often. mikey dub was doing that back home and said it was ace. maybe not a bad idea if you're going to be couching it for a while... xx
 
Yeah, that might be a good idea.
Must look into that.
Or maybe even pay my boutique dvd store a visit, haven't been there for about 9 months I reckon.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?