Thursday, November 02, 2006

WHAT NEXT?????

What can I say?
I'm very disappointed at the totally inappropriate timing of the cold that's decided to assault me at the moment.
It came on overnight and I'm hoping that it will disappear just as quickly.
Two nights ago I woke with a sore throat and what appeared to be my nose doing its best to resemble Niagara Falls.
I mean, it was literally flowing like a river out of my nose, down my cheek and onto the pillow!
I had to take to stuffing a rolled up bit of tissue up one nostril to stem the flood, just so I could sleep ( read: attempt to ) without swimming in a pool of my own mucous.

Yesterday, I got progressively worse and by the time I got home from the hospital, made something garlicky to eat and poured a large vessel of orange juice I was feeling absolutely stuffed.
So from 4p.m. till about 9a.m. I spent the time lying in bed with a fever, sweating, drinking water and orange juice and getting up occasionally to go to the loo.
It was a right proper fever too, reminded me of the last surgery I had.
Unintelligible thoughts and patterns running through my head.
For some reason I thought if I could just find a thought or something to concentrate on, it would get me through.
Nope.
No such luck.
Best I could do was to try and formulate a meaningful sentence and all I got was some jumbled words like parka, context and something else, which escapes me right now.
I even tried counting sheep, no luck there either.
The sheep refused to jump over the fence.
They were too busy having their own enthralling conversations.

I think I'd managed to sweat most of it out of me last night as what's left today is a slightly snotty nose, mildly irritated throat and a bit of a headache, nothing like the jackhammer affair of last night.
It would be nice to take a hot bath right now, but alas, I can't get into a bath let alone get out of one at this point in time.
I'll have to make do with lying on the couch, watching DVD's and drinking Lem Sips ( thanks Bec )

The worst thing is, if it doesn't come right by tomorrow, there'll be no camping trip for this little black duck, as I can't run the chance of making it worse before Operation Hip To Be Square next Wednesday.

Bugger bugger bugger bugger!!!!!


.

Comments:
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?