Thursday, December 14, 2006

WALK DON'T RUN..............

It has been said that all good things come to those who wait.
Well I reckon I've waited just about long enough and today I got my walkies licence back.
Admittedly it's only a learner's licence, but none the less it's a step in the right direction.
The surgeon reckons the healing process is nicely ticking along, but still has some way to go, so as of today I am allowed to put 25% of my body weight onto my right leg and in 3 -4 weeks time I can up that to 50%.
First thing is to find out what 25% of my body weight is and what it feels like when I put that through my leg.
For that I may have to wait to see the physiotherapist tomorrow, but for now I can relax a bit and let the relief seep in.
Finally all this hopalong bullshit can be put in historical and temporal rubbish bin.


One thing occurred to me today is that a lot of people, for one reason or another, ask me if the visually obvious ailment is the result of a motorcycle accident.
After which I confirm their suspicions and then am compelled to correct them.
As far as I'm concerned, if I was to have a sudden fit or heart attack and run off the road or collide with something then that would constitute and accident.
However, in my case and a lot of other 'accidents' there are avoidable reasons for the collision.
In my case it was the negligence of the semi trailer driver who deliberately and consciously drove the truck faster than was safely possible on that particular road even though it was under the posted speed limit.
This is a clear example of relative speeding, where the driver of the vehicle was going too fast for the conditions even though by law he was not breaking the speed limit, a concept foreign to many people.
Anyway, back to the topic of people assuming I am a motorcyclist.
I don't know why this is, but it's almost like there's a neon sign on my forehead that says "biker".
Having spent a short amount of time deliberating over this I could not come up with any logical reasons.
I don't know what a biker is supposed to look like when he's off the bike ( no smart arse comments about being broken & bandaged up! ), but unbeknownst to me apparently I exhibit some of these qualities.
Oh well, could be worse I suppose.
Could be presumed to be a vacuous cretin.


.

Comments:
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?