Sunday, January 07, 2007

BULIMIC FISH, TRIPPING EWOKS AND THE UNTOUCHED BUTT OF THE BABOON

So, 'Operation Baboon Butt' did not eventuate.
I must have got my wires crossed somewhere along the line.
All that happened was that the good fellow wanted to have a little chat about removing the ICV filter, not to actually remove it.
Mind you, he was keener than a virgin in a house of ill repute to get in there and get the job done as quickly as possible.
Gave me some stories of possible long term side effects and what not, and how in younger folk they like to remove the little titanium alloy contraption.
After informing him that I am more than likely to be undergoing further surgery we both agreed that I should get back to him after consulting with my orthopaedic surgeon.
He really would like to remove that filter, he kept stressing that for some reason.
So that all turned out to be a bit of a waste of time unfortunately and for now I can keep my blood to myself and not all over my arse.


On a brighter note, I now have 50% weight bearing on my right leg, which means I can stand on two legs without crutches.
Still need the darned things for walking, but it's yet another milestone on this convalescent road.
Bloody good show I say what ho!!!!


The blog turned 1 on Friday the 5th of January, but no birthday post as I was indisposed.
Cam, Brenton and myself took off bush to Murrindindi River Reserve for some sitting around with our feet dangling in the cool river and copious consumption of ice cold brewed beverages.
Kind of appropriate for the 1st year anniversary of Moomins M.C. I thought.
Well, Cam and I were doing the drinking, poor old Brenton was nursing a bad bout of Empress beer hangover.
Anyone who's ever drank at the Empress will appreciate what bad lines and warm beer can do to a grown man.
One can only can imagine what the beer must have tasted like after the lines had not had a single glass poured for 11 days.
Poor bastard, he was still having a spit in the evening, although that could have been the fish at the local country pub.
As Cam had put it: "It's better that the beer be filtered through someone else's brain first before attempting to drink there again."

We went to the local country pub for dinner and Brenton and I both had the fish and chips.
Cam was a bit more cautious and ordered the ham and pineapple steaks, and with good reason.
I was conducting my research into the unavailability of decent fish and chips in Melbourne and surrounding areas and wanted to know if it was possible to get worse or better fried fish that far inland.
Structural integrity of the rather bland batter was well and truly up there with the best.
Very crisp yet not burnt.
The size of the fish caused me to wonder if there actually is a piscatorial equivalent of bulimia.
As well as being far too small for my liking, it didn't taste the best.
Somehow the deep fryer oil had penetrated the batter and proceeded to turn the fish meat into a mush of a consistency closely resembling something the bulimic fish may have once expelled from its stomach.
Overall rating was ok, but still way under my expected standard.
The search goes on.

After getting back to camp a fire was promptly ignited and we continued to drink more ice cold brewed beverages.
That night we experienced some bizarre night sounds coming from the ruler straight giant eucalypts amongst which we had set up camp.
We could only conclude that they might have been lyre birds because no possum on earth could possibly make that sound. ( we spotted a couple ofthe birds the next day )
Whatever it was, it sounded like an Ewok having a really bad acid trip.


Anyway, happy 1st birthday to the Moomins Motorcycle Club!!!
May the adventures just keep on coming I say.
Good or bad, it's all part of the deal as far as I'm concerned and all shall be met with the same attitude and approach that I've always employed.
Bring it on!!!


.

Comments:
Comments:
Hmmm, country fish & chips - you're a brave one Chris. Sounds like a fab weekend though. Fire, beer, ewoks... what more could you ask for eh?

So... Happy Camping, Happy Weight Bearing and Happy First Bloggy Birthday!!

xx
 
I'm so happy with 50 percent !!!
z.
 
I'm so happy with your 50 percent !!!
xxx z.
 
Thanks, yeah fitty percent feels pretty good, I actually feel more agile.
I think I'll ditch the wheelchair around my birthday as a present to myself.
 
Happy Birthday. I don't approve of baboon butts. The only good baboon butt is one that's been kicked.
 
Thanks GB.
I agree, baboon butts a ghastly thing and their constantly being kicked would explain the redness.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?