Wednesday, January 31, 2007

WHO NEEDS COMMON SENSE...........

Big Day Out continued:

After seeing Scribe we wondered over to check out Little Birdy, via the beer tent of course.
By the time we got there the punters had packed themselves in like sardines and there wasn't much on offer visually.
That was until Matt suggested standing on the edge of the mixing console riser.
Always one to use common sense, I thought that would be a great place for a bloke with crutches to be.
And that's how I managed to snap a few shots of the band.
A bit blurry, but then again what do you expect when you're trying to balance on the edge of a riser, with a 300mm of lens, attempting to capture an image without a tripod.
It was so worth it though, they did put on a great show and the mixers didn't seem to mind having some strange cripple with a camera and crutches balancing precariously on the edge of their little installation.
I just pretended not to see the "No Climbing" sign.


It wasn't long after that that I started to question the thought processes that led to me going to the Big Day Out in the first place.
It didn't occur to me to take painkillers with me as I'd been off them for a while, they would have made things a little easier.
The poor old legs just aren't used to doing so much stand up time.
It was going to be one of those reoccurring themes for the rest of the day.
With the odd sit down rest and a beer or two between bands I managed to cope, but only just.
The things you do for rock 'n' roll.


Kate doing her thing on stage.



.

Comments:
Comments:
Yeah, saw Snowman, they were their usual awesome selves.
Didn't have to miss out on Muse or Tool either.
I felt they got a really good reception and my two mates from Tassie had huge grins on their faces after that.

Went to Cherry Bar after a mate's gig last night and who should be there but Matt the singer from muse!
He was busily chatting away with some girl though, wish I had boobs to flash sometimes.
:)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?