Monday, February 05, 2007

FUN, FUN AND MORE FUN..............

Finally started to put some serious weight through my right leg today.
Over ten months of neglect have certainly and very obviously become apparent in the form of wobbles, shakes and lack of control.
I was trying to stand on that one leg and found that without hanging onto something it was nigh on impossible.
When I was asked to perform various movements with the other leg at the same time it all became very clear that I have a long way to go before I can start thinking about walking, running, bushwalking, etc.
I was also getting some new pains, which were obviously expected.
It was not until later in the day when I was catching up with a fellow patient ( who spent most of his time in hospital trying to think of ways of building the Colditz glider ) and having a look at that day's x-rays that the cause was revealed.
It appears that my right femur and tibia haven't fully united as yet.
There are still areas of light bone density and even some visible cracks.
I suspect the cause is the lack of exercise and loading on that right leg over the last 10 and a half months.
I've been told that the more a fractured bone is loaded up, the stronger it becomes.
This is something I can discuss with the surgeon on Thursday and hopefully get a better idea of what the hell is going on.
I have a feeling the internal body piercings will be there for quite sometime longer than I'd hoped for.
Some of the pain corresponds directly with the fracture sites and is most evident when I take the load off the right leg.
The rest of it, well it's in the knee, the hip, and a few other places, generally all over the shop.

So it's off to the plastic surgeon on Wednesday to discuss the replacement of my muscle graft back to it's traditional place of residence, ie on the calf and not on the side of the leg near the knee, and off to the orthopeadic surgeon on Thursday.
Fun and games with medical practitioners.


I had another motorcycling dream the other night.
A little different than the ones I normally have, where I tend to enjoy myself and scoot about with wild abandon.
This one was more like riding a bike through the motorcycling equivalent of a military obstacle course!
There were cars pulling out from side roads to avoid, sand and rock deposits mid corner, wet roads, etc.
All these things I'd experienced in my years of riding and some even caused me a spill or two, although nothing as grave as the big bang.
It just wasn't fun.
Even though I'd managed to overcome all these challenges, it still left me feeling a bit vulnerable and nervy in the morning.
Not what I would call enjoyable.


Over the last week or so I've had all sorts of thoughts running around my brain, not so much doing laps but more randomly appearing, running around like headless chickens and disappearing again.
Thoughts on when I'll be going back to work, how will I cope , maybe trying to change careers from the automotive to the arts field, trying to progress and evolve my photography, getting back into playing music, buying a car ( now that I don't have a bike ), trying to avoid thinking about riding a bike and other questions and problems that escape me right now.
It might be lack of sleep or something, whatever it is I hope it gets it's shit in a pile and sorts itself out.


.

Comments:
Comments:
Have you ever thought of freelance photography? Lots of possible money flow for side work. I know nothing about this... but just wondering if you did (hahah--someone mentioned this to me at one time, but my memory fails me).
 
Yeah I have thought about, but have absolutely no idea where to start with that to tell the truth.
Need to speak to some freelance snappers or something.
 
A good friend's husband is a freelance photographer - can introduce you, if you like. I know for a fact he did some serious hard yards as a photographer's assistant before getting much work on his own. And a lot of his work he gets through his journo/editor wife :-) Be prepared to do a lot of shit photography ie. commercials/home shoots etc. But it pays well and is slightly more creative than what you were doing before ;-) May I also suggest trying to submit some band photos to Beat/Inpress? Getting published helps your portfolio a helluva lot and builds your exposure. Anyways, just some thoughts...
 
Thanks Bec :)
Might have to have a chinwag about it with you sometime.
Right, gotta be more creative than the last job eh!
 
Do tell! What was your last job?
 
Last job was writing up invoices for people car services in a car dealership service department, as well as fixing my co-workers' fuck ups and dealing with customers.
Totally uncreative and soul destroying.
 
You're talking soul destroying? Ha, clearly you've never sat in a cubicle for two months literally shuffling pieces of paper over and over and over and over and over and over... and breaking up the monotony by going blip blip blip blip blip with a barcode machine!!
 
I think if i was in that position I would have bar coded everything, the eggs in the fridge, the apples, the fridge itself, co-workers, but yeah, that would be pretty dull.
 
I thought you might enjoy this clip. The Worst Job Ever!

If you've never seen a Verizon commercial then it probably won't make a lot of sense--although it's still entertaining. Hee!
 
Yep, that's pretty much a shitty job indeed. :)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?