Sunday, February 25, 2007

WALKIES........

Over the weekend I've finally managed something that has eluded me for the last 11 months.
I "walked" without crutches.
It wasn't very far, only a few metres and wasn't exactly walking, more like stumbling or laboured horizontal resistance.
I'm sure if someone saw me do it they would have assumed that I have a serious drinking problem, in the sense that I can't hold my grog.
I've seen two legged dogs that look more co-ordinated than my crack at controlled falling!
I don't care though, it just means that I have to practice a bit more, try not to favour the right leg and actually put all my weight through it, as well as trying to remain upright and straight.
AARRRGHHHHH! Too many things to think about at the same time, everyone knows men are shite at multi tasking.
There has to be an easier way.
Who knows, by the time I hit the 12 month point in March I may be able to present something I can pass off as perambulation.


.

Comments:
Comments:
"I have a serious drinking problem, in the sense that I can't hold my grog."

Tell us something we dont know mate :)
 
It weren't me, but would like to concur! ;-) Will never forget the sight (or should I say sound) of you falling over as you tried to drink and crutch at your house back in October. Too funny.
 
Yeah, but it only happened once in how many months?
 
Keep up the good work!
 
Good to hear, Zuba. Maybe you'd find it easier walking after some grog. No harm in trying it once.
 
Bloody brilliant Chris, congratulations!!

It's something else having to do a running commentary every time you take a step. Fair play to ye xx
 
Thanks Maja. :)

GB, confidence has been know to come in a bottle. ;)

Shoopska, always better than a running commentary on someone who's got the runs though. ;)
 
The whole "grog" thing cracks me up. We don't use that word here--but I think I will! Hee.

Cheers to your first uncrutched steps, zuba. Grog or no grog. And I'm glad you don't have the runs. That would not be pretty.
 
KK, thank you.
I think you should aim to spread the word grog amongst your east coast inhabitants.

The runs thing was a reference to a previous post:
http://moominsmotorcycleclub.blogspot.com/2006/04/of-mates-and-roommates.html
 
that didn't work at all
try this
link
 
Congrats on the Moon walk mate.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?