Friday, March 16, 2007

AT LEAST MY SORE BITS AREN'T FACING AMPUTATION...........

That'll learn me to go gallivanting off into the wild hinterland of the Victorian west coast!
Been paying for it ever since, although today it's a little betterer.
All that walking, driving in the car and general activity has certainly been good physio in the sense that it has built up my stamina and strength, but did my poor broken arse and legs have to hurt so much?
I didn't realise it at the time, but it was exactly a year since Gino and I took off for a Moomins adventure in the Grampians where I nearly died of thirst and heat stroke.
I think it was a fitting way to slip back into the Moomins attitude of searching out adventures far and wide.
It certainly was a bit of an encouraging boost to my confidence, knowing that I can engage in some of the activities I was so fond of before, without anyone's help.
Granted I did it in a cage instead of on two wheels, which some of my mates may scoff at, but reality is what it is and I just do what I can in the circumstances.
Now that I've got a taste for it, I'm keener than mustard to get out more often, preferably to some locations where I can go a little nuts with the camera.



Tonight it's time for another episode in the 'quest for decent fish and chips' drama.
On Bec's recommendation we will be sampling the piscetorial and tuberous culinary presentation of a local take away shop, reliably purported to supply quallity F&C at a reasonable price.
Can't wait to sample the oil and salt covered goodness.
Wouldn't it be nice if it turned out to be the one shop that I've been searching for all this time and is located right here in my backyard?


Well, the news about Al is that he isn't.
He's responding to stimuli, but is still heavily sedated and the quacks are trying to figure out whether to amputate his arm or not.
His son Tony has started a blog: Two Wheel Rosella, in order for friends to keep track of the progress.
As some of the readers of my blog are friends and acquaintances of his, I've put a link to it in the sidebar.
I just remembered that I'd posted a photo of him not long after he put his hand through a band saw a while back.
In it you can see him wearing the brace on his right hand.
And to think that it had pretty much all healed up nicely and then bang!


.

Comments:
Comments:
All my very best to Al, Chris. He's in my prayers.

On a different note... lovely photos! You must take me down to that spot when we get back xx
 
Thanks sis.
And I'll be sure to take you there when you get back.
So long as you don't mind camping and hanging out with critters and the like. ;)
 
jesus. lets pray for a swift recovery and all.
 
geezer - gonna be a slow one I reckon
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?