Friday, March 30, 2007

FATTY CHIPS AND STUFF..........

Back to physio today, as well as hydro.
The necks feeling a lot better than a couple of days ago.
I just wish someone would've told me how long I have to leave the dressing on.
If it starts looking too festy I'll get it seen to.


I popped in to see the girl in Epworth hospital, who was hospitalised at the time of our B & W party, she's doing well and will be going home in a couple of weeks.
It's been 6 weeks, I don't know where the time has gone.


Al's not doing real flash.
The possibility of amputation grows ever larger every day.
His pragmatic tendencies will no doubt help to get him through this experience, and hopefully my mate Dave can have a word with him at some point, seeing as he's gone through exactly the same thing.


I just remembered that I didn't revue the last fish 'n' chips form our local shop.
Not much to say, but it was pretty bad.
Everything was soaked in oil, to the point that I could have cold pressed the chips and ended up with more oil than there is on the outside of Christine's engine and transmission.
So the search for decent fish 'n' chips in Melbourne continues.
Finding the holy grail would've been easier!

Christine was not happy about the chip oil reference.



I found out that butchers will not give or sell blood due to health regulations preventing them from doing so.
I also found out that if you ask enough times and select the dodgiest people to ask you will eventually find a butcher that will part with the crimson liquid.
Not only will he part with it, but it will come all prepackaged in a little container straight out of the cool room!
Just goes to show, if you want something bad enough, there are ways and means of making it happen.


I'm slowly making further progress in the crutchless department and am able to 'walk' around the house, although the pain in the right leg and pelvis is still prevalent.
The knees are also protesting a bit, we'll see how that pans out over time.
The pain in general, is slowly dissipating, but it's taking its sweet time about it.
With time I am expecting to be relatively pain free in these areas.
For the moment I'll just keep doing what I'm doing as it seems to be working.


Been thinking about music and stuff too, have to do something about that as it's starting to screw with my head.
I don't know exactly what I'm going to do yet, but I guess the first step would be to buy a car, so I can actually get around with my gear. ( Christine's no good as my bass rig will never fit in )
Next step would be to figure out how the hell I'm going to get my bass rig in and out of the car, that should be good therapy!
Like I said: where there's a will, there's a way.
From there things will progress somehow and I'll be able to once again enjoy playing live music with a band.
I feel ready to lay down some seriously quality music on Melbourne, all I need is some seriously dedicated and gifted musos to do it with.
It's been far too long........



.

Comments:
Comments:
I had some fish and chips for lunch at the OBH the other day. Fish was a bit fatty, but still delux. I think it was a fatty variety of actual fish, it had all these tiny blue veins throughout the fish flesh.

What do you need the blood for? All I can think of is food.. sausages or blood pudding or something. They sell blood at the shops in Iceland by the 2 litre container. Very easy to obtain there. I worked in a slaughterhouse there but I'm not exactly sure where they collected the blood... I watched them stun thousands of sheep there, and then they slit the throat and the blood runs out of the neck before they chop the head off.. but I didn't see a collection container. Where do butchers get blood from?

So many questions...
 
Fish with blue veins running through it?
That just sounds wrong all together!

Needed the blood for some photography experiments.
I don't know where the butchers get it from, but I have noticed a decline in pigeon numbers around Victoria Market. ;)

You worked in an abattoir?!!!
Wow, you are multi talented.
What on earth where you doing there?
 
You guys are grossing me out! hahaha... there are alternatives to real blood... I think movie sets use something... ummm... ketchup? LOL I can't remember.

Loved the pic of Christine! Too bad she couldn't be turned into a makeshift pickup truck for your equipment. They do that here in the backwoods of Arkansas or Tennessee. Just a thought. ;-D
 
KK - Gotta be real, it doesn't have the same look / feel to it.
Re the pick up truck conversion, we may be in the south but that's only geographically, not in a mindset.
:)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?