Monday, April 16, 2007

AND IT'S GO GO GO IN THE BONES BUCKS NIGHT GRAND PRIX!!!!!!

Bit achy from Saturday night karting, then again that was expected and inevitable.
And a good night it was too!!!
Our 14 strong group ( 5 of which were my riding buddies from pre big bang ) rocked up to the kart track and had an absolute ball.
So much so, that Bones' is making noises about buying a go kart himself.
As with any group that large, there were people who had never driven one of these insanely fun machines.
Inherently, there were the many and varied driving styles, from the Mr Smooths right through to the Mr Bulldozers and everything in between.
Anyone who has ever piloted one of these little rental 2 stroke jiggers will be familiar with the bruising and battering that comes as a result of bashing around a kart track at up to 80km/h ( a private cart will do 120-140km/h ) for x number of laps and Saturday was no different.
I came off relatively ok, although my left hip bone graft donor site was a little bruised, as well as the middle of my back from the top of the seat.
Oh, and got a little bruising around my inner right thigh as the steering column brace was right at the spot where one of the screws in my femur resides.
My right bicep, which was paralysed 13 months ago, has been getting more and more strength into it, but I'm really feeling it after Saturday.
Overall, I would say that this is by far the best form of physiotherapy that I've come across.
I wasn't sure as to how I would fare physically, as I've been karting before and was well aware of how physically intense it is.


There were four races: two qualifying, then one for the fastest group of seven and another for the slowest group of seven.
I won the the faster group race, although there's word that I made a passing maneuever on Bones under a yellow light.
I dare say, I can't remember him slowing down for any supposed yellow either so I don't feel so bad.
Now he wants a rematch so he can get his own pissy little prize consisting of a used spark plug on a little pedestal!
Reckons he would have tried harder if he knew there were trophies involved.
Either way, I still managed to pull off the fastest lap time! :P
The last race was most enjoyable as the red mist had set well and truly in by that point and even though we weren't racing for sheep stations, there was definitely some fierce competition going on.
Bone's was leading and I managed to thread my way through the melee at the second corner and eventually position myself right on his rear bumper.
We spent about half the race like that with Bone's leading and myself doing the harassing from behind.
Try as I might I could not find a way past him, but in the end I nailed him on a corner.


Moral of the story: don't send a cripple out to do a man's job ;)



This is most of our group for that night.


The lads preparing to do battle.


Bones doing his white knuckle thang.


Step right up kids and watch the cripple lay down the fastest lap!


My bad self and Bones with the 'pissy used spark plug on a little pedestal'.
( note Bones' clear bewilderment at the unassuming nature of the trophy )


Later that night, Bones' still making 2 stroke engine noises and pretending he's Mario.


.

Comments:
Comments:
TOO MUCH FUN!!! Love the trophy! Congrats on the BIG WIN.
 
Hey! I just noticed that you have short hair. When did you get a haircut?
 
So jealous, I loooooove go-karting!

Can't believe you didn't show me your trophy - that's so awesome. Love that kind of tacky shit (der Fred, you've read my blog!)

Congrats again. Here's to cripple power!
 
Karen - Thanks mate :)

Maja - It was a while back now, I went out to get some rolls from the shop in January and came back with a haircut.

Becstar - Cheers mate.
Trust me, you're not missing out on anything with that trophy.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?