Thursday, April 19, 2007

GOOD NEWS!!!!!

Good news!
Al's been discharged form the Alfred hospital.
6 weeks of not feeling the sun on his skin or the wind in his hair, but his home now.
That will no doubt speed up the recovery process.
I visited him after my rehab session yesterday and snapped some photos of him leaving.
He may not care right now, but I have a little collection going now and later on I'll email them to his son or something.


I was heading home about 5ish, but for some strange reason decided to stop of at the Shrine of Remembrance.
May have been that Anzac Day is coming up, or I just felt a strange reason to go there, who knows.
I made my way up the small hill with the usual teeth gritting and grimacing and thought of how the Anzacs would have been doing a similar thing, with the exception of course that they had machine gun and artillery fire raining down on them like a Sydney thunder storm.
That was the first hill I have climbed on my own two feet since the weekend before my smash.
The sight at the top was pretty.
The Melbourne CBD at the end of the avenue, all bathed in a beautiful sunset.
I took the opportunity to take some snaps of various features and events like the lowering of the flag to the last post and a couple of schoolgirls interviewing an older soldier for a project on the Anzacs.
There is definitely something quietening, peaceful and reflective about that place.






This bloody walking business is a bit much eh!
My physio reckons I should take painkillers and get a walking stick, but I'll be fucked I'm going to start taking the damned things after having been off them for 6 months!
As for walking sticks, pffft. You can jam your walking stick right up the proverbial.
Due to having a crutch to lean on, my back suffered a lot so rather then go back to leaning on a stick, I d rather just deal with the pain in my legs instead adding back pain to the equation as well.
I get a bit of that anyway, so there's no point making it worse.
I am feeling more and more drained lately, but that's only because I'm a stubborn little fucker and I will go out and push myself as far being active goes.
I spent too many days lying around in a hospital doing sweet fanny adams to be spending my days as a couch potato.
Granted some days I really don't have much of a choice, but that's beside the point.
Still not getting much sleep though, if anything I'm getting less.
After doing the human shish kebab all night I'll wake up at some ungodly hour and know that I have reached my quota of rest.
At that point all I can do is just lie there and wait for the sparrows to start farting.
And the flamin' sky rats with their coo cooo!
This can be anything from a half hour to two hours.
This is not a good time for me as I'm physically exhausted from trying to sleep ( who could have thought that was possible ), but the mind starts doing its acrobatics and doesn't let up until I have to get up.
We'll see how we go on that front.
In the mean time, I'll just keep on truckin'.


Work's going ok, but times like this week I'm glad I'm only there two 1/2 days.
The workshop controller is on paternity and annual leave, one of the 3 service advisors left last week, another one is on holidays and the whole show is bit of a stress factory.
One of the fill in advisors was telling me that yesterday it was so full on that he was still there at 7pm and shaking like a dog shitting tacks.
That can't be good for anyone.
I'm getting more and more familiar with the workings of the place, but physically it's still quite taxing.
I have a meeting with the return to work people from rehab and my department on Tuesday, I should be able to address some of the issues then.


.

Comments:
Comments:
"shaking like a dog shitting tacks"?? Can't say I've ever heard or seen that! Oh but the pictures it conjures up in my mind are NOT pretty. HAHAHA

Nice update. You truly amaze me. You're WAY more active than I am and I've never even broken a bone, let alone have 25 pounds of metal inserted into all my limbs. It's an inspiration for me to get out there and DO something... I shouldn't let life pass me by--right?
 
AWESOME news about Al!

Am with Karen, never heard that expression either, but tis highly amusing.

Sorry to hear about the lack of sleep. Am pretty much the same at the moment, no idea why. Thinking investing in a new bed may be the trick, combined with some Valerian before bed. May help you too? :-)
 
KK - I believe you have a bunch of kids o raise.
That alone would occupy anyone's time more than adequately.

Bec - Yes it is good news, although as you well know it's still early days yet.
I got a new bed not long after moving back home and it is a well worthy purchase.
 
WA dogs shit tacks all the time.as theyre very tough.
 
Geezer - They'd have to be to put up with your mining mob! ;)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?