Sunday, April 01, 2007

NEVER AGAIN.........

Bec got a new job and Friday night was as good a night as any to help her celebrate.
After successfully pickling my internal organs in wine, beer and scotch that night, I'd spent the rest of the weekend getting over my little indiscretion, nursing my swollen left knee, pining for the lost skin off my right elbow, cleaning up the sick off the carpet and generally feeling rather poorly and sorry for myself.
I can't remember actually coming a cropper, but according to Gino it happened more than once.
That would explain all the bruising and debarking of appendages.
I guess I can't blame anyone else.
Oh wait, yeah I can offload some of the blame on Gino for suggesting that drinking scotch would be a really good idea.
Being afflicted with alcoholic rubber arm doesn't help though.
Thankfully after rising from the land of the undead at about 4:30 pm on Saturday I was fortunate enough to have Bec, Princess Strawberry and Gino's missus Mel to help me come right.
If I was up for it I would raise a glass and toast to a new week.
Between physio and hydrotherapy, returning to work, attending the Alfred Hospital survey about trauma injuries, visiting Al in hospital and who knows what else, I should have a rather busy week.


.

Comments:
Comments:
Drinking Scotch is like drinking poison!!! So tell me... what's it mean: "coming a cropper" ?
 
I seem to remember something else helping along the debacle you got yourself into on Friday... ;-)

'Twas a great night, thanks for helping me celebrate.

I don't know why Gino thought knocking off a perfectly good bottle of Jameson's was a good idea. A sin to waste in such a state!

If I don't see you at Movie Club tonight, best of luck starting back at work tomorrow. Can't even begin to get my head around what that would be like to come to terms with. No idea how you're doing it...
 
KK - means taking a fall in a most undignified way.

Bec - No probs, happy to help celebrate anytime.
Did we knock off a whole bottle of scotch?
Will see what tomorrow brings re. work.
 
Yes it was a whole bottle of scotch. I was a witness to the last glass.

On the upside you have a killer record collection!!
 
Gemma - I have to take your word for it, as I was a full card carrying member of the C.R.A.F.T. club.
( can't remember a fucking thing )
 
You have a killer record collection??? Oh you're gonna hate me now when you hear that it was all true--what I did back when I was 16. And I was completely sober. So very sad.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?