Wednesday, April 11, 2007

MORE UPDATES

Let's see, since the last post, Al has undergone surgery and the good doctors decided against amputation due to the general tissue being in fairly good condition, despite the nerves being disconnected.
Some skin grafts to close up the wounds and all's sweet for now.
His arm is still fruited from the elbow down, but for now it's intact.
We'll see how it pans out over time.


Easter consisted of catching a few Melbourne International Comedy Festival shows, courtesy of Bec and my housemate Gemma, some Sunday lunch with Mum, Alicja, Bec and a short, but quality catch up with Wolfy and Kim on Monday.
Quiet, but quality is what I say......
Apart from the pervy rabbit.


On the the other hand, I have been indulging in a little 'getting back to my roots' style of therapy.
Today I replaced the serpentine belt tensioner assembly on Brenton"s VN Commodore.
It was a necessary thing as after replacing the water pump, the tensioner decided to give up the ghost and separate into three pieces in an outward direction, away from the the rest of the engine.
This was not an easy task as the good generals at General Motors had chosen to make this particular procedure rather bothersome, if not nigh on impossible.
Some unconventional techniques and tools were employed to achieve the nearly impossible, such as multi grips, club hammers and cold chisels.
After much swearing, cursing, grunting and some moral support from Princess Strawberry I finally managed to install the replacement part.
T'was no easy task and I could have jumped for joy when the tensioner decided to relieve its incumbency, had I been able to actually jump.
I felt it was a good exercise in physiotherapy as well as exercising the grey matter in problem solving style of activities.

Tim Allen would have been proud.


Work's going ok, so far.
I do find myself trying to perform functions beyond my capabilities as they are the things I did before, however, the actual capability is just not there.
So I have to check myself and face reality and in doing so, palm off some of these tasks to other co-workers.
No big problem really, just has the effect of frustrating the FUCK out of me!
All in good time I guess.


Physically, things are getting a little better.
My broken arse is still broken, but it is getting better.
The lower right leg, is about the same, and the hip is slowly becoming stronger.
I am feeling more and more of of the metal plate in my forearm though, which is strange considering it's been there for over a year and hasn't been an issue before.
Not to be left out, the knee department is also playing up, especially the left one, which sounds like a popcorn machine.
And of course, the shin bone is connected to the knee bone abd the right one is quite content to give me the irrates when I am trying to walk,
Sleep is still intermittent due to the various aches and pains in my collar bone and pelvis but I can manage a short stint in the middle of the night to actually get a bit of rest.
Enough to keep ticking over from day to day.

.

Comments:
Comments:
Good news about Al, so long as it doesn't keep him in hospital too long, eh? Thoughts with him, as always.

I ran into Princess Strawberry at Bimbo Deluxe on Tuesday. She freaked out when I yelled "Princess Strawberry" as she was walking downstairs from the beer garden. :-)
 
Maybe a post about Princess Strawberry is in order... unless I'm just behind the times. Yay for Al. Hope he gets a miraculous mending. I can't imagine what you guys have endured with all the smashed body parts.
 
Bec - Thanks fer the thoughts mate.
She did tell me about that, spun her out a bit as there are not many people who call her that.

KK - Maybe, she's been a pretty good mate to me, more so since the smash.
You can imagine it Karen.
Just close your eyes and run into a wall or something ;)
It really could be a lot worse though.
 
Jaysus, you been busy eh Chris. What with the falling and the getting up again and the working and the developing of giant blisters and rest... that'll learn me to go offline for a few days!
Great news about Al, hope there'll be more good news ahead for him.
xx
 
Sis - You know me, never a dull moment.
Al's doing alright, he might be going home soon, it'll be good to get him out of the Alfred.
Hope you're having a good time, eh. :)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?