Monday, May 28, 2007

BROKEN BUTTS, CANDID CAMERAS AND SURPRISE WEDDINGS.......

The Tassie trip is on!!
Got tickets and heading down on Friday night.
Sssoooooo looking forward to getting the hell out of the flatness of Melbourne and exchanging it for some freezing cold rolling hills and bushland of the tiers.


On the medical front: my broken arse is positively killing me!
It's becoming very difficult to walk even short distances recently.
I don't know what I've done recently, but over the last two weeks or so it's been progressively getting worse and worse.
And no, I haven't been arrested, down any dark alleys, nor any gay nightclubs lately!
I'm struggling to sit, be that on a tram seat or the relative comfort of a couch.
Since having my taxi account cancelled I have been tramming it to rehab, mainly because I can't be stuffed driving into the city in morning peak hour.
There have been a few instances where people on the tram have offered me a seat and I had politely declined as it is less painful to stand than brave the seats.
I spoke with my physiotherapist about it and he seems to be of the opinion that the hamstring muscles are weak and constantly aggravated.
Hopefully with some strengthening exercises I will be able to alleviate the problem.


Tonight the house looks like a cyclone has gone through it.
Gemma and her crew have been busily setting up for the film shoot, rearranging and removing furnishings and replacing some with props.
This evening the music room was lit up like Baghdad on the first night of Shock and Awe.
Cameras and lights everywhere!
After coming home from a pub with Gino, we took a seat on the set couch and munched on some post beer food, not because we wanted to eat on a film set but because it was the only place with a couch and table in the whole house.
I'll hopefully get some pics from the shoot tomorrow night.


Speaking of pics, I have been having little detours on foot on the way home from rehab along Swanston Street.
I've discovered many a subject to be shot along there.
Today I found a lift in a building that still has a lift operator.
In this automated age, it was quite a surprise to find such an anachronistic position still being occupied.
Joan, the lady operating the lift had been performing that duty for thirty years ( this October ) and had previously occupied the same position in other buildings.
One would imagine that she would know every person working there, their clients and all the related gossip.
I found some other interesting little sights and people along that street and will put up some photos as soon I can be bothered editing them.
People like Len the busking artist, who's recovering from work related trauma and after going through massive physical recovery and a near mental collapse that had broken up many of his relationships, has found his equilibrium through art.
Or there's Matt and Nick, who run what must be the world's smallest cafe.
Seriously, it's no bigger than our bathroom and that isn't exactly big!
The characters on this street are many and varied and I have found them to be a joy to photograph and talk to.
All have interesting stories to tell if you can be bothered sacrificing a little of your time and energy to listen.
Some give up their tales freely and others need a little coaxing to get the juices flowing, but all have a captivating anecdote or two about their particular history.
This is another reason to tram it to rehab rather than join the countless hordes of anonymous commuters in the ritualised sheep like morning procession of cars into the central business district.


Last night I received a phone call from David.
A few days ago he had invited me to his wedding to be held in December.
I had all the intentions of attending, but hadn't as yet replied.
This phone call was very special as he had asked me to be his best man and I didn't really know what to say, apart from stating my surprise at the request.
I do feel very honoured that he should pick me and gladly accepted the role.
Apparently it will be an informal biker wedding and he reckons he's still got a Yamaha FZ750 ( like my ex bike ) in his shed with my name written all over it.
We'll see what happens in December, I may even ride the short trip to the wedding location, purely out of ceremony.


.

Comments:
Comments:
I know Joan - she's got pics up in her lift, yeah?
Those Swanston St stories and pics would be perfect for that comp I sent you the link for - let me know if you need any help crafting.

Really sorry to hear how broken your arse is - wish I could wave a magic wand over you and make it all better.

That's wonderful about David asking you to be his best man - a true honour.

Have fun in Tassie, if I don't see you beforehand! :-)
 
That's the one mate.
I'm thinking of doing that comp, now that I have something to put in there.

When you find that magic wand text me yeah?
 
"my taxi account cancelled"
What's dat?!?

So, do you bring a pillow to sit on in the tram?
 
Safe T - I had a taxi account to take me to rehab and hospital and work, until I was cleared to drive. Ten it was cancelled.

What, like one of those haemorrhoid ones with the hole in the middle?
;)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?