Thursday, May 31, 2007

FILMS, FILMS AND MEGAPIXELS.........

I weighed my x-ray films the other day: 6.318kg
That's a jag load of radiation and that's not including the one's that are on c.d.! ( there are 4 c.d.'s worth )
Apparently one aeorplane trip half way around the world is the equivalent of one full chest x-ray.
If I had frequent flyer points for every x-ray I would be travelling the world free of charge for quite some time!


Gemma had her short film shoot on Tuesday and while she took all care to stack the removed records in order, the people who replaced the vinyl didn't.
End result: a third of the records are in disarray.
It'll give me something to do next week I guess.
I'm looking forward to seeing the film and our house in it!
She also asked me to do some still photography for her other short film shoot the following weekend.
Should be quite an enjoyable experience and add a new dimension to my photography learning curve.


Tomorrow my sis and I are off to Tassie for the weekend.
Before the Tasmania jokes start coming through thick and fast it is not a romantic getaway, just a short trip to catch up with old mates and a chance to get out of the concrete jungle that is Melbourne.
And a chance to light a massive bonfire and blow up lots of firecrackers!!!
Hoping to get some nice photos, especially at night.


I've had my first full time days at work on Tuesday and Thursday.
It's been rather draining, I tend to hit a brick wall mid afternoon when my strength wanes and my concentration goes to lunch, without me.
I had to retrieve a car from the carpark for a customer today and it was parked in a corner between two other cars in such a way that one of them had to be moved to allow mine to come out.
Instead of shifting the car that was in the way, I was trying to make a 58 point turn to squeeze mine between the other two.
Luckily for me, Timma!!! ( one of my colleagues ) came to the rescue and used his initiative to move one of the other cars.
Total brain fade I'm telling you!!!!!


Some photos from my sojourn on Swanston Street and associated alleyways, on the way back from rehab.
Enjoy:

How true.


This one's fer Geezer ;) One day we might go there for dinner as it's a restaurant of all things


Discarded memories.


Yes that is a rubbish bin.


Street beat.


Nuts anyone?


Len, the artist busker.


Matt and his tiny café.


Blind busker and his dog.


Joan the lift operator.


See you next week :)


.

Comments:
Comments:
Tasmania must be pretty cold at this time of year. In your place, I'd be going to Queensland instead.
 
you linked to my website and everything!!
 
PS I am so, so sorry about your records
 
I've eaten at that Gaylord's - not bad, but not great. The food at Gaylord's on my former home of the Isle of Dogs in London was better though - don't you love that? Gaylords, Isle of Dogs - and my Docklands Light Railway station was called Mudchute. Those were the days...

PS Love the Crayola graffiti - where's that one?
 
Yes GB, it was bone chillingly cold, and I loved every minute of it.

Gemma - Of course, just spreading the word.
As I said, it's cool, I need things to keep me occupied anyway ;)

Bec - Man, where do they come up with these names?
The graffiti is in the same alleyway as Gaylords, near the container bar.
 
why is that discarded memories pic so damn sad?
 
romantic getaway.. hehe that's funny.

Is Gaylord's a jewish restaurant? We'll definitely have to go there.

I LOVE the bin photo. Looks like people are lining up to get in there. Albeit very skinny people.
 
I also have eaten at Gaylords. But not the restaurant.

Does anyone know the name of that drummer guy? I've seen the dude around for, like, a decade in Melbourne beating away at his plastic 'drums' but I've never spoken to him.
 
Benjibopper - I don't know, but that's exactly thre same feeling I got from it when I saw it.

Maja - Gaylords is in fact an Indian joint, unless the Indians converted, then I'm guessing not.

The skinny ones are a wonderful bunch of sculptures of commuters, but yeah, it's a bit like the evolution of modern man really.

Fatman - Ha!!!! And I thought you were strictly hetero.

I've no idea what his name is as he was busily drumming away when I asked him for the photo.
I will endeavour to find out for you next time I see him.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?