Tuesday, May 01, 2007

FUN AND GAMES.........

Sunday night was a rather pleasant experience.
Went to the Moosehead benefit with Mum and Bec, and some other funky cats.
Out of all the comedians on, there was only one dude that was genuinely atrocious and a German duo who proved beyond all doubt that Germans should stick to putting together automobiles and not comedy routines.
As tired as I was, I still had a chuckle, guffaw, giggle at the wonderful variety of local and international comics.
Good on Bec for organising the night and Mum for shouting me the ticket.


Monday night: With all the physical exercise going on, it was nice to exert the grey matter a bit for a change.
Nothing quite like having a serious game of chess.
Especially when there are bottles of wine, joints and a plethora of accompaniment records involved.
I think we started with Iron Maiden - Killers, Guns n Roses - Appetite For Destruction, Gloria Gaynor, then some Billy Thorpe and the Aztecs, Shaft by Isaac Hayes, Stefan Grappelli, onto some Django Reinhardt and finishing off with Auberge by Chris Rea.
All at the wonderful speed of 33 and a 1/3.....
End score: Gino 1, myself 1.
We'll have to have a grudge rematch at some other time, as we ran out of steam in the end and the contest became somewhat laboured.
Maybe my favourite game: Extreme Chess.
1 minute in the boxing ring, 3 minutes of chess.
Repeat, until someone wins or is knocked out.


.

Comments:
Comments:
Germans are only funny when they're not trying to be.
 
I concur wholeheartedly Mr. Bananas, like when they're doing that little slapping dance in their leather shorts :)
 
Dammit! My ethnic heritage is partly German, partly British... and I somehow thought maybe I'd try standup comedy next. So... you're saying--NO!?! I think you are right. I don't know that slapping dance with the leather shorts.
 
Mate, you did get that they weren't actual Germans, just Aussies pretending to be...?

Glad you had a good night. Jason Byrne is a comic God!
 
Karen - British side might pull you through on the comedy front.
Re the slap dancing have a look at this
or
this

Bec - I will remember them as I wish to thank you very much ;)
 
As Westley says in The Princess Bride: "As you wish..."

;-)
 
you should have texted me, i was there that night! surprised i didnt see you!
 
Gemma - I thought about it, but figured you were working that night.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?