Monday, June 11, 2007

I THINK I'VE BEEN ABDUCTED BY ALIENS.....

Damn it, I'm running out of time!!
I don't know whether some sort of tear has occurred in the space time continuum or if I'm experiencing some of those lost time phenomena that seem to ail many a fruit loop in the Nevada desert, but it just seems to be getting away form me.
Anyway, I whine too much.


I ran into my mate ( who was committed ) on Friday, purely by accident after a visit to the cobblers.
I'd left a pair of hiking boots with them to be resoled and was disappointed to find they'd put flat soles on them, even after I told them the boots were used for bushwalking.
So the boots stay for another week or two and hopefully get a more appropriate sole.
I digress though.
My mate was out on day leave and looked really well.
It sounded as if the realisation / acceptance of the incidents that led to the hospitalisation had been dealt with to a fair extent and the possibility of discharge is looking good.
A relocation to Canberra is on the cards as the work possibilities are better and also a return to tertiary study.
Here's hoping it all turns out well.


I also went to Gemma's film shoot on Friday and did a little stills photography, as well as getting an insight into how a proper shoots ticks along.
She managed to get an amazing crew together.
All seemed incredibly professional ( form a layman's point of view ) and were also very welcoming and friendly to a hack like me.
I spoke with her tonight and apparently it all went very well, apart from one of the transport vehicles breaking down.
They even had 130 feet of film left, which I'm told is highly unusual.
I will post some shots when I finish editing.
All in all it was a really good experience.


That night I caught up with Brenton, who'd returned form his month long trip to Europe.
After some cold and bubbly amber beverages from 'a place that sells good beer' we headed onto The Tote to watch a couple of my mates at their E.P launch.
The Great Apes were as entertaining as ever, with one even ditching his white kaftan to play guitar in nothing but his white boxer shorts!
My mate Duds even got so much into character that he started jumping around like a crazed ape, undignified but rather entertaining.
I'm sure Gorilla Bananas will have a few things to say about humans aping apes.


Bec's cocktail party / housewarming was a good night.
She was looking a picture in her dress and snow white coloured stohl and mixed some pretty mean alcoholic beverage to boot.
Many a cocktail flowed out of the mixer and into the guests' gullets.
I was a tad surprised that I didn't get as blottoed as I expected, but that's not a bad thing really.
Photos will follow, once again when I finish editing.


I'm hoping to speak with my manager about work problems tomorrow.
I've been having some issues with other people having issues.
Normally I wouldn't give a rat's arse, but when it starts to affect me adversely I get a wee pissed off!
We'll see what gives on Tuesday.


Good news!!!!!
Nothing to do with medical stuff, as I'm actually finding that the more mobile I become, the more pain I seem to accrue in my right leg and hip.
Go figure!!
I think that the metal might have something to do with it.
Anyway, Bec had sent me a link to a competition run by Tourism Victoria.
They were asking for written, video and photo submissions about people's experiences in Melbourne.
The deadline was June 7th and I found myself madly tapping away at the laptop keyboard with furious urgency at about 11:40 at night.
I made it on time with just minutes to spare and promptly forgot all about it.
That was until I received an email announcing that I had won the best photo category!!!!
Big up meself!!
It's not just the glory that is mine, there's also a $2000 cash prize.
My plan was to buy a medium format film camera in the latter half of the year and it looks as thought that plan is well and truly on track now.
I spoke at some length with a photographer at Bec's soiree and managed to pick his brain about which brand and model of camera to look for.
He also pointed out that I should include a good quality scanner in the budget.
SOOOOO, here for your viewing pleasure is the winning entry :)


Will hopefully post outstanding photos soon!!


.

Comments:
Comments:
So cool that you won some prize money for your great work!!! WOOHOO!!! Have a beer on me! umm... well... It'd be on me, if I lived nearby. But you can at least feel as though I cheered you with a beer, yea?
 
You must have a talent for photography. I don't mind humans having fun in ape suits as long as they don't try and tempt a real ape after getting him drunk.
 
Karen - Yeah, it's pretty cool eh.
Don't worry, I had some celebratory beers.

GB - Apparently so.
That's the thing, he wasn't even in a suit.
Come to think of it, he probably would try to proposition a female gorilla if he had half the chance, don't know about tempting male ones though.
 
Nice one bruvva! :)

That's great, and what a handy prize!
 
This comment has been removed by the author.
 
Cheers Maja :)
Avery handy prize indeed! It's going straight into the new camera
 
For the millionth time - CONGRATS! So happy for you and proud of you.

Thanks for coming to the party and snapping away. Glad you had fun - I was surprised you weren't shitfaced too, unlike me... :-P
 
I didn't think you were that shitfaced Bec, maybe elegantly wasted.
 
Thanks, Chris - must have been the stole that fooled you! Must remember to wear it more often...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?