Wednesday, July 11, 2007

ALL SMILES

I saw Smiley the other day!!!
In the pre big bang days a good mate of mine Rino used to pick me up on the way to work.
We'd meet a couple of other workmates and have a couple of coffees or breakfast before going to work embarking on yet another day of well, work.
On the way to the café we would see a young chap in the order of about 12 or 13 years of age walking to school.
Every time we saw him he was quietly shuffling along, staring at the ground in front of him and smiling to himself like he'd just had his cherry popped.
Both of us were completely stuffed as to the reason for his perpetual gaiety.
Either this fellow has found the key to eternal happiness or he is retarded.
He obviously looks a little older now, but that same smile is still firmly plastered on his dial.


I finally got my record collection sorted out after the short film shoot saw it in a state of utter confusion and disarray.
There was probably about 2 feet of records that were still in order, the rest had to be pulled out, categorised and reinstated in their rightful places.
It took a few hours, but now I am able to find any given record at a moments notice with relatively little fuss and fossicking around.
Although I can't seem to find the Rolling Stones' Gimme Shelter album or the Captain and Tennille poster that came with the record that Bec got me.

Mid way through the sorting, piles and piles of records.




Comments:
Comments:
That is so high fidelity ;)
 
Captain and Tennille?? Suhweet! I hope you find it.

Your story about smiley totally cracked me up. I could swear you have a very similar sense of humor as my brother--at least in this particular instance. (Not that you would do this but...) My brother used to yell out tauntings to this one kid every single day, "Hey Jimmy! Jimmy Fixthit! [that's "Fix it" with a lisp] "Can you fixth my bike today?"

Ok. I know that was kind of random.
 
"smiling to himself like he'd just had his cherry popped."

If he was 12 or 13, he might have fired his weapon for the first time the night before.
 
Oh no, not Captain and Tennille!
:-( You've gotta find them, that poster was a work of glorious art! Or maybe I'll have to go to that record shop in Yarraville and pray they have another copy.

You could email the Captain and Tennille and see if they've got a copy kicking around - they've got their own website: http://www.captainandtennille.net/
 
Maja - Some would say it's a disease.

Karen - It's not nice to make fun of impediments. Fun, but not nice ;)

Mr Bananas - Maybe, and just couldn't get enough of the feeling every day afterwards!

Becs - Maybe they could send a signed copy even! I'm sure it'll turn up soon.
 
I had Captain and Tenille! I totally forgot about that.

Okay, I know you tagged me last week. I promise I will post. I will, it's been a busy week. I will post.
 
The C & T fans area coming out of the woodwork / closet now aren't they!
No probs Mitch, when you're good and ready mate :)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?