Friday, July 06, 2007

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS CRIPPLE SOLDIERS......

Been an interesting week really.
Also been a slack one when it came to blogging, which is why I am now forced to write another lengthy post about all that really mundane crap that happened to me since last week.

Firstly, GO THE WALLABIES!!!!!! It was a really nail biting rugby game where Australia beat New Zealand in the last few minutes.
As tight as the game was I would argue that it wasn't full of moments of brilliance and as such both sides have a long way to go if they want to win this year's World Cup.


Monday: My second case of Mondayitis in two weeks , since having started working 3 days a week.
Overall, it wasn't too bad though because I didn't spend more hours than I was supposed to as my return to work plan outlines.
Last week I had spent two days of the week working until fairly late, mainly because it was end of month and financial year, and I wanted to chip in my bit.


Tuesday: I spent a few minutes on the bridge near the station where I change trams.
I was just looking for a photo opportunity and suddenly realised just how quiet it was.
Way too quiet considering it was peak hour and there were commuters everywhere.
I stood there in the middle of the bridge with my eyes closed, listening to the sounds around me.
I could hear the cars, bicycles, trams. people walking, trains nearby, but I couldn't hear any talking, car horns, tram bells or train toots.
It was rather bizarre, all the sounds of travel, but with out any of the communication.
I looked around to see if the pedestrian commuters were iPlugged in, but noticed a distinct lack of personal audio players.
Maybe it was the sunny morning that did it?
A rare moment of calm and tranquility in place of the usual noise and clatter associated with peak hour.
That was followed by some rather intensive physio, hydro and myotherapy ( muscular massage ).
The myotherapist spent about 45 minutes on one part of my lower back, working away at my muscles with very strong hands and arms, but still couldn't really loosen up that part properly.
After all that I went to visit my rehab doctor as I'd asked to see her before my scheduled appointment due to being fed up with my broken butt giving me grief.
At the end of it she was scratching her head a bit, saying she didn't really know what was wrong with me and prescribed some anti inflammatory pills to try for a week.
Afterwards I went for my usual post physio wander through in the city and ended up walking through the entire CBD, up Lygon St to Elgin St in Carlton North, a distance of about 3km.
Not a bad effort for me, although when I got home I had a lay down, and promptly fell asleep only to wake about two and a half hours later.


Wednesday: Went to work and struggled all day.
I was very sore and tired from the previous day's activities, and what's more the sore back the myotherapist was working on was now even more painful. So the whole day was a drag and I was glad to get out of work.
That evening I had my first appointment with my second psychologist.
The session went very well and this shrink had a much better approach than the previous one.
At the end of the session she proclaimed that she didn't really know what was wrong with me and will see me in two weeks.
That's twice I'd heard that in two days!
Popped in to trivia night briefly afterwards and considering we initially had a team of two and then three for the second round, I think we did well to come 3rd.


Thursday: Yet more physio and hydrotherapy, after which a couple of fellow outpatients and I went to the pub for lunch.
One good thing came out of the morning's session and that was my physiotherapist possibly finding the cause of to the pain in my bum.
After providing the key information to him, a referred pain, I was told that it may be damage to the pudendal nerve.
This would make sense as it runs right through the area where the plate was screwed into the pelvis, so whether it was damaged by the plate, the surgery or it is just receiving pressure from the plate.
I was due to have a meeting with my main orthopaedic surgeon and popped into his rooms before lunch in order to confirm the time, only to be surprised by his absence.
The receptionist provided me with the new address and informed me that he had moved there the previous Friday.
I managed to track him down and then was sent away to have x-rays done, which I'd had a quick look at.
They all looked pretty good with the exception of the ulna ( outside forearm bone ), which appears to have a gap halfway along the plated area.
Another appointment was scheduled in two weeks time and then there will be a decision made / operation scheduled.
He reckons the next surgery should last about 4 hours or so.


Friday: After a night of sleepless pain I called my manager to inform him that I would not be coming into work.
I was simply too knackered to go and spent half the day in bed.


Trams, cars, bicycles and pedestrians.
The very quiet Tuesday morning commuters.


Thursday morning was much colder and wetter.
I spotted Donald Sutherland, he was packing heat.


No standing. Disabled parking. You choose.


St Paul's cathedral in the C.B.D.


And don't the kiddies love giant street chess!?


Three buildings.


Help. ( enlarge to see the fine print )


Old money changer from the temple, must've got stuck in time.


.

Comments:
Comments:
So does this mean that you're going back in for babboon butt surgery? (Can't remember what you called it). I hope they can fix things for you.

Great pics once again. Donald Sutherland packin' heat... (haha) and Moses. You snapped Moses!
 
It won't 'Operation Baboon Butt' as they ended up taking the filter through my jugular and heart.
I'm hoping there will be no surgery at all.

Thank you muchly dear :)
 
I hope you won't need surgery either, but if you do, will there be more pictures?? Maybe you ought to have a rating posted on your blog.

Anyway--I did the eight random facts. I didn't procrastinate too long--actually not at all. It was a rainy day.

Cheers.
 
Great photos, take them with your new camera?

Sounds like you're mega busy!
 
Hey Maja, no I haven't got my new camera as yet.
Looking for the right retail moment / opportunity.
 
I like the three buildings, am curious as to what exactly caused the hush (mindquake?) and want to go throw the money changer out and proclaim myself Jesus.
 
I blatantly missed my calling as a doctor - told you it was a nerve damage thing! ;-)

It was just me channeling Dr House... Mmmmm... House...

Good luck with all that, mate.
 
Ah, your time will come. (with the new camera, I mean)
 
SafeT Hush?
I think you would make a great Jesus, although it would suck having your birthday on christmas day, only half the presents!

Bec You may well need to change careeres.

Maja I know mate, if there's one thing I've learnt since the smash is patience.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?