Friday, July 06, 2007

TAGGED......

Got tagged by Maja and I have to write 8 facts about myself.

We have to post these rules before we give you the facts.
Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules. At the end of your blog post, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.

There was no other instruction so here goes:


1) In the past I was capable of turning procrastination into a high art form. I could procrastinate about procrastinating, which takes a fair bit of skill. Uni assignments would get left till the last minute, and then I would get an extension which would enable me to procrastinate even longer. I'm a lot better now thank you, especially after the smash. I now realise that procrastinating is such a waste of time and almost criminal.

2) I love anything to do with technology and science. I really gets my boat floating when I see some new design or invention, especially the really elegant, simple, ones that make you think 'why hasn't someone thought of that before'.

3) The longest gig I'd ever done was five and a half hours with four short breaks in between. I had blisters on my fingers by the end of it and then had to drive for over an hour and a half to get home as the gig was in a country town. Soon afterwards I left that band.

4) Ignorance really shits me, especially when it's coupled with arrogance. It's the root of all other bad traits in humans and also the cause of so much misery in the world. I just don't understand how people would choose not to learn new things, have their opinions challenged, let other people control them due to a lack knowledge or insist on watching bad commercial television rather than a documentary, etc. The list is endless, but I think you get the picture.
Elective ignorance should be a punishable offence, just as corruption is.

5) I love good art and that's any kind of art. Really good quality art is timeless and always breaks through language barriers. Form ancient cave paintings to modern multimedia and everything in between, can't keep good art down. It is a shame to see great artists ignored because they're art does not fall into the 'what's in' catagory. Bad art can be amusing in itself and if marketed correctly can be very profitable as there are plenty of people out there with lots of money and no taste. Come to think of it, I really enjoy anything that is performed well, be it a sporting endeavour, social architecture, etc.

6) I despise people who whinge and whine a lot. For all you whiners out there 'Get a sense of perspective!!!!' You live in a first world country, in peacetime, have all your faculties and have no genuine reason to be so damned depressed or angry about things that are perceived by you to be important, or at least worth complaining about. Emo's obviously fall into that category and I am still surprised that an entire subculture could be based around that very concept. If the object of your anger or depression is so important and significant to you than do something about it!

7) I hate suits. I really do. I just don't get them. I have worn suits before: at weddings, court appearances, job interviews, but I lament the fact that one has to wear one in order to be presentable or employable. I don't hate them anywhere near as much as I hate ties though! These things make no sense at all, especially if you live in a hot climate like Australia. I see them as society's tool of subjugation, a conformist enemy of bohemians everywhere. I will dance in the streets when men burn their ties, a lá the bra burnings of decades past. ( don't get me wrong, nothing wrong with bras )

8) I once danced in the street with my pants off whilst singing in Spanish because I chose dare in a game of Spin the bottle Truth or Dare at the ripe old age of 17.


I gots to tag 8 other people now so I tag : Bec, Karen , Safe T , Gorilla Bananas , Turtle , Mitch , Shoopska , Tony .







Comments:
Comments:
You dog! hahah now I have to put my brain to work??? I'll do it but I'm gonna procrastinate for a while. Afterall, it is summer here.

I agree with your number 5 about good art and a performance actually being art. You should see my belly flop!

(Sorry about the dog comment--I hope that doesn't translate to a very lowly comment in Oz. We call our friends "dawg" here in the hood).
 
Glad you took up the challenge Kare :)

I think number 5 is a very important aspect of the human race.

Dog isn't really used as a term of endearment here, 6U7 1'|\/| D0VV1\1 VV171-1 73|-| K(_)L7(_)R3 8-)
 
This comment has been removed by the author.
 
so you've tagged me. i'll get to it in a day or two. that should give me plenty of time to come up with some good lies! :D
 
Nice one Turtle!!!
Look forward to the reptilian propaganda :)
 
Dang it! You tagged me too. Okay, give me some time to dig up some things. I don't know how "clever" I can be.

Other than that, great post, Zuba.
 
Cheers Mitch :)
Thanks mate, should shed some light on my personality.
 
Very interesting and varied facts! Nice one bruvva.

I love procrastinating :)
 
I knew that one would hit your buttons ;)
 
Done my bit over in Most Fugly Couch land...

Wish I couldn't relate to the procrastination one of yours so well - though am obviously improving, since I've done the meme!
 
OY! I'll do it, but you may be very dissappointed in your results.
 
Nice one Bec ans SafeT
 
i'm back! though haven't got a computer at home so posting may be a wee bit sporadic.
but i've done the tag - you can find my eight things on the new and improved bakled cheese...
xx
 
Woo hoo!!!
Glad to have you back in the blogosphere :)
 
I'm still working on this, I swear it.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?