Sunday, September 02, 2007

PHOTOGRAPHY MORSEL AND BAD LIGHTING.....

Just a quick update, so as promised here are some photos from the portrait shoot:



Not really a classic portrait as such, but I like anyways.
You can clearly the shadows I was referring to, bloody bad choice of location.
Live and learn eh.....



More portrait like, once again some dodgy lighting, doh!



More portrait like again, I was trying hard to get Sarah to pose in away that would minimise the shadows, but to no avail.



The one shot I was relatively happy with.
Not the best technically, but considering the circumstances it was the best I could come up with.


I had a couple of interesting shots in black and white, but I didn't get the B&W stuff scanned.
So there :P
Many thanks to Simon @ Word for letting me use the place for the shoot and for supplying lovely wine to Sarah and cold beer to me.
I've found the best way to deal with butterflies in yer stomach is to drown them, they're woefully crap at swimming.


I took Teh 'Hoff for a walk on Saturday do to some street photography.
Didn't end up using the digital SLR for test shots, just sort of winged it and hoped something came out.
The film will be dropped off to the lab this week so we'll see if anything decent turned up.
I had an interesting moment as I was ambling down Brunswick Street in Fitzroy.
There I was scanning for things to shoot and a well dressed bloke in his late 30's / early 40's passed me briskly in the opposite direction and volunteered his appreciation of the vintage lunar landing grade piece of photographic machinery cradled in my hand.

"Great camera man."

"Thanks man....."


Teh 'Hoff officially has street cred!!!



.


Comments:
Comments:
What a bewitchingly beautiful woman! Her skin changes from strawberries and cream in the first one to autumn gold in the last one. Interesting how different light can do that. A good start for the Hoff!
 
GB, xenophilic as always.

I think the shots came out better than I'd expected from your description in the previous post. As a prop I think the wine was nice, but I wonder what she'd have done holding poulty instead.
 
I am glad that she had wine and not poult(r)y! I think that they are great... like you the last was the best - shadows and lighting can do so much good and so much damage...
Keep it up - and I would love some more street shots (but that´s cos I am selfish and miss Melbourne - especially in the autumn)
 
Why thank you muchly Mr Bananas, that answered my question of whether gorillas are colour blind or not.
Seriously thanks GB.

Thanks for the compliment Safe-T, I think poultry would not be that out of order really, I mean she's already wearing a feather boa.
Maybe next time I can incorporate my Hens of Hell from the backyard.

Sigga yeah? Cheers muchly. I', really starting to get more of a grip on lighting and it's effects. I'll see what I can do fer ya in the street side of things eh.
 
Oh this is sooo cool, my friend. The pics look great. Where shadows posed problems for ya, the colors were fantastic. Loved the last one. Can't wait to see what else you come up with.

I think the hens of hell deserve a little attention from teh 'Hoff as well, but only if they are in some sweet girls arms. HAH!
 
Karen - Tah very much. Yeah the colours were waht got me in the first place, shame really.
Hens of Hell would need security if they were ever to be involved in a shoot. One of them tried to eat my toe a couple of days ago.....through my work boot!!!!
just as well they don't have teeth!!
 
I know I'm way late on this but not bad for your first day! Yes, I can imagine that light must have been driving you nuts... but them's the things you learn through experience eh.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?