Sunday, October 14, 2007

INTERVIEW WITH A CRIPPLE.....

It's been nearly two weeks since I posted something, I'm still struggling with my online commitments for some reason.
I've not looked at another blog, nor posted any photos or comments on DeviantArt, come to think of it I haven't really edited any photos either, but Teh 'Hoff has been getting a bit of a work out although lack of scanner means no shots on the web fer now.
The plan for this week is to try and catch up on other blogs and clean up the back log of comments and reviews on DevArt.

Surgery is booked in for the 23rd November and I'm really looking forward to that, more out of a sense of relief than the discomfort it will bring.
I'm really hoping the removal of metal will alleviate some of the pain in my right leg.
I had a tilt at running on the spot on one of those mini trampolines that were so popular with the aerobics crew in the 80's, the level of pain in the right leg and lack of control gave me a better understanding of where I'm at in the rehab time line and also made me more determined to push on with the recovery process.
I'm actually looking forward to the camping trip and the bushwalks involved in about 3 weeks than more anything else at the moment.
It should be a good little test for me.

I did manage to find myself a car and will be doing the Roadworthy Inspection on it Monday, so as of next week I should be mobile again with my own vehicle, been over 18 months since that has been a reality.
There are a couple of things I'd like to modify, raised ride height for starters, just to get its belly off the ground a bit on those dirt roads.

I received the interview questions from Lucy the other day and will finally answer them ( sorry about the slackness Lucy )
You'll be able to check it out on her blog site soon.

Meanwhile, here's a piccy of the car :)



.

Comments:
Comments:
Looks very ready for the road that one, as in, a big bumpy brown road with roos and wombats that need dodging/scraping off the bull bar... nice one!
 
Not yet, but soon will be.
Stay tuned for more pics
 
Shoopska--haha my thoughts exactly! So, since your great at nicknames... what shall the automobile be called?

And btw... you missed my 40th birthday so you've been on the shitlist! JK... about the list.
 
Congrats - love the roo bar - been a long time since I have seen a real one like that on a "town" car - all the big fat tyred jeep drivers have them here - but its just not the same... Maybe I should get one for my subaru to make a statement..
 
Karen - I was think about the name for the car, I reckon after the camping trip in a couple of weeks it will come to me. Big apologies for missing yer 40th mate, Promise I'll make it up to you ;)

Musings - Cheers very muchly, I think a bit of Austrliana in Iceland would be a good thing eh? Maybe a stuffed kangaroo tied to the front of the bar as well? ;)
 
Karen - I was think about the name for the car, I reckon after the camping trip in a couple of weeks it will come to me. Big apologies for missing yer 40th mate, Promise I'll make it up to you ;)

Musings - Cheers very muchly, I think a bit of Austrliana in Iceland would be a good thing eh? Maybe a stuffed kangaroo tied to the front of the bar as well? ;)
 
Should I add fake blood for a bit of drama?
 
I am warning You!
I cannot go "cold turkey" with this blog !! I will go sooooooooooooooo crazy and who will bear responsibility for that !???!
 
Looks old school!
 
No slackness at all. I wasn't sure you received the questions, but I'm up to nose in "paperwork" (i.e. "blog work") So I guess it's my turn to apologize for the slackness.

A thousand pardons!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?