Tuesday, November 27, 2007

ALL GOOD NEWS!!!!



A couple of weeks ago I went off to get a dose of high octane $8 dollars per litre rally action at the last round of the Australian Rally Championship with one of my former colleagues Brad.
Last year I was confined to a wheelchair with limited one legged + crutches action.
I even managed to get both my wheels locked up and was sliding on a collision course with a parked van on a dirt road at one of the spectator points, at which point my mates grabbed a hold of the runaway wheelchair in time to avoid yet another smash with another automotive form.
This year my ambulatory skills were much more honed and I was able to get some better pictures, especially after I scored a Media Pass for myself and Brad who spent the time taking photos with his disposable camera and phone whilst climbing trees for better viewing, fretting about the snakes, spiders and bull ants in the bush ( he's a Kiwi ) and trying to protect himself form the incessant dust in the dry conditions.
Here are some shots from boy's petrol head weekend out:






This is the car that came second to my mate Dave in the Tassie State Championship.



This car had more hits than Michael Jackson and retired at the end of day one.
Note the black tape holding the front together and the extra dent in the side in the shot below.




Brad in the tree.
And battling the dust:






Good news all round I say.
After having my surgery cancelled at not quite the 11th hour I now have a confirmed date of December 7th.
I received the letter on Monday with all the information, which is much further than I got last time.
It still doesn't mean it's a definite as there is the possibility of getting bumped off while I'm lying there in my hospital issue arseless gown contemplating life without most of my internal scaffolding, but at least a positive step.
Recovery is always a bit of an unknown, but it could be anything from 3 days in hospital then home, to a week or two in the rehab hospital that was my home for 6 and a half months, to complications which could render it a much longer and more testing time.
I'm well fit physically and mentally!
Bring it on I say!!!

I've also started a new role at work helping in the spare parts department and later in the week will be making inroads into my main position as the warranty claims clerk.
It's not the most challenging work but it does get my away from the freak show circus that is the service department.

Teh 'Hoff has developed an issue with the lens, it won't allow me to use more than 2 aperture settings, it'll have to go in for repairs and service.
There have been a few more rolls of film put through it with varying results, but the good thing is I'm learning more and more with each roll, so to me it is time and money well spent!
Not got much to show digitally except for one photo I had blown up and printed for Snorkmaiden.
So here for your enjoyment is a little Melbourne street action:




The household is taking new shape with interviews finalised tonight and a new candidate chosen.
Rebecca is a 27 year old from Bris Vegas ( Brisbane ) who's come back from 2 years overseas and will be replacing the former non bill paying feller who had the social characteristics of a mute Indian hermit swami.
I think she'll fit in nicely with the three of us and the two blood thirsty hens.


.

Comments:
Comments:
Great photos from the rally! And that one of the scooter is excellent. Hopefully you get the operation done this time, and everything goes well. not long to go!
 
Wonderin' if you're on the chopping block today. If so, my thoughts and prayers your way, Mate. (terminology sounds weird coming from this little American girl).
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?